Auto Plus is a leading automotive aftermarket parts distributor in the US. We bring together unmatched expertise with best-in-class parts and customer service for the most reliable automotive aftermarket parts store experience. Headquartered in Kennesaw, Georgia, Auto Plus has more than 8,000 Team Members with decades of experience in the automotive aftermarket industry, united to deliver on our Auto Plus Promise: We exceed expectations with expertise at every turn. Auto Plus has more than 1,000 locations, including corporate-owned stores, independent Auto Plus member locations and commercial parts-focused Pep Boys retail stores, and 21 distribution centers. We aspire to be the most trusted business partner and employer in the automotive aftermarket.
The General Distribution Team Member is responsible to ensure inventory accuracy and integrity by carefully checking in returned goods from customers, completing proper computer processing or paperwork, and stocking or storing as appropriate. Checks to make sure all shelves are stocked correctly and to carefully inspects all parts for missing parts and used parts in the box. Pull and ship the correct parts to our customers Checks each bin in the warehouse with HL counts created at the beginning of the year and records all adjustments to the inventory. Unloads the trucks when the drivers get back in the morning and sorts through all the totes and coffins the driver brings back and locates paperwork for the office to key and then the returns department process all the returns and stages on the floor for the stockers and pullers to return the merchandise back on the shelf for resale. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship).
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store).
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization.
- Operate and maintain preventively warehouse vehicles and equipment.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 1 year experience in logistics, warehousing or similar.
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently.
- Must demonstrate consistency, accuracy and follow-through.
- Extensive product knowledge or the ability to obtain product knowledge.
- Hazmat and/or Forklift certification preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for climbing, balancing, reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- Lifting of heavy equipment of up to 50 pounds for Administrative or Maintenance Operations.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
SHIFTING CAREERS INTO HIGH GEAR
Pep Boys was founded by Navy veterans in 1921 and today, we proudly employ military veterans and reserve-duty servicemembers like you throughout nearly 1,000 locations and over 9,000 service bays. If you’re passionate about vehicles and servicing the communities that depend on them, your unique and valuable skillsets will be a perfect match for our service bays, distribution centers, or store support centers.
We offer a variety of career options across the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as extensive training and development opportunities and a wide array of health and wellness benefits. Our mission is simple: to make quality car care simple, convenient, and accessible for everyone.
At Pep Boys, we go further to help your career go farther.