1. If you are a first time user, please create your candidatelogin account before you apply for a job. (Click Sign In > Create Account)
2. If you already have a Candidate Account, please Sign-In before you apply.
Designs and develops hardware products. Evaluates reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in production; plans, designs and develops electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, optical systems and/or DSP systems. - Knowledge: Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
• Strong project management skills
• Leads design and delivery of new
• Functional breadth and depth, plus expert in complementary fields
• Applies broad concepts and theories to achieve innovative and effective solutions to complex problems - Job Complexity / Contribution : Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
• Will champion significant projects, programs and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity
• Team leader
• Leads major projects
• Influences or impacts others'
priorities, decisions or activities
• Escalation point for complex issues
• Coaches and mentors other junior team members - Supervision : Incumbents provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in his/her area of specialization. Generally free to determine work priorities based on general direction from managers.
• Determines methods and procedures on new assignments
• Consults with management on long-range goals
• Determines own priorities, both tactical and strategic - Experience : Bachelors and 8+ years of related experience; at this level post-graduate coursework may be desirable or
Masters degree and 6+ years of related experience or PhD and 3+ years of related experience
Broadcom is strengthening the development capabilities of specialized light sensors. In particular, we are developing silicon single-photon detectors for various applications, ranging from medical to automotive. For this reason, we are looking for a talented and motivated R&D engineer to join our division in Regensburg (Germany).
The main responsibilities of the position are:
- Design of photo-sensors, including TCAD simulation, layout and technology development with partner foundries;
- Lead and/or actively contribute to the process of new product introduction;
- Experimental characterization of prototypes in our laboratories with critical analysis of the results and reporting;
- Interaction with external development partners;
- Support the IFPD Application team on customer requirements.
Broadcom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with local law.
If you are located outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home address as this will be used for future correspondence.
Broadcom Inc. is a global infrastructure technology leader built on 50 years of innovation, collaboration and engineering excellence. With roots based in the rich technical heritage of AT&T/Bell Labs, Lucent and Hewlett-Packard/Agilent, Broadcom focuses on technologies that connect our world. Through the combination of industry leaders Broadcom, LSI, Broadcom Corporation, Brocade, CA Technologies and Symantec, the company has the size, scope and engineering talent to lead the industry into the future.