Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer - Data Display & Controls to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Position is located in Melbourne, Florida.
Exciting position offers the opportunity to directly create, implement and evaluate software for displays in a cockpit environment. Not a sustainment role, come in from the beginning where the architecture and framework have been developed from the ground-up!
- Support full lifecycle design, implementation, and unit testing of software
- Develop, modify and maintain customized or standardized applications using software engineering best practices and standards
- Participate in the full life-cycle of software development, to include requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance.
- Frequent opportunities to interact and collaborate with management, external personnel, and customers
- Cross-team collaboration with various sub teams to integrate functionality with other IPTs
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2-years of software engineering experience OR a Master's Degree in a (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Experience developing software / writing code in C/C++ or Java
- At minimum an active DoD Secret level clearance is required on Day 1 to start however not required to apply. Position also requires the ability to obtain and maintain program access (PAR.)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in aeronautical displays development
- Experience in OpenGL
- Familiarity with Rhapsody, Eclipse, Atlassian Tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Crucible, Bamboo etc..)
- Familiarity with Agile software development process
- Experience with Python
- Eclipse or other integrated development environment (IDE)
- Knowledge of Linux systems with basic commands
Become part of a team at the forefront of technology and the frontline of defense when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. We currently have opportunities across the world for those ready to solve our toughest challenges on land, sea, air, space and cyberspace.
With Northrop Grumman, you’ll be joining a culture where your voice is heard and contributions are valued. Launch your career and join the over 17,000 veterans pushing past possible every day to create and deliver the most advanced systems that connect and protect our world. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, with a lifetime of potential that will allow you to work together with people from many backgrounds, personal passions and disciplines.
© 2020 Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.