At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop
Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking to add a Systems Integration Engineer to its Specialty Engineering team located in Roy, UT in support of the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be able to:
• Apply their experience and knowledge in technical design, build and verification of complex systems to the full integration of specialty engineering responsibilities into the GBSD system
• Collaborate with both internal and external teams to integrate specialty engineering domains across all phases of the systems lifecycle including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposal
• Maintain technical cognizance of subsystem interdependencies in support of maturing Specialty Systems Engineering analyses/products and identifying and resolving gaps
• Engage in formal and informal mentoring to support knowledge transfer and talent development
• Implement/Support MBSE strategy for the GBSD Architecture
• Implement/Support Requirements Verification strategy for the GBSD architecture
• Plan with IPTs to ensure the proper testing and qualification/verification efforts are in place, planned for, and budgeted appropriately
• Align specialty engineering to the GBSD technical planning, system integration, requirements verification, modeling and validation efforts
This position requires excellent communication, mentoring, interpersonal skills, and ability to interface with senior management, peers, and employees
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-
hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
These positions will have a standard work schedule of 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-
hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Qualifications - ExternalBasic Qualifications:
• 9 years of experience with Bachelors of Science Degree in science, engineering, applied mathematics, computer science, or closely related technical discipline, 7 years of experience with a Master's or 5 years of expereience with a PhD
• 4+ years’ experience in design engineering related to H/W, S/W, Integration and verification related tasks
• 1+ years with Requirements Management in DOORS and/or Modeling with MBSE tools such as Cameo
• Active DoD Secret Clearance investigated within the last 6 years
• 1 year of engineering experience in at least one of the following disciplines, Electromagnetic Environmental Effects, Nuclear Hardness, Systems Safety or Human Systems Integration
• Experience in ground based deterrence systems
• Active Top Secret clearance with investigation in the last 6 years
• 1+ years’ experience in collaboration tools such as Teamcenter, Jira, and/or Confluence
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022 or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.