**What You Will Do**
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Project Specialist-Exteriors (PSE), this means:
• Being friendly and professional, and engaging customers in their homes to deliver home improvement project solutions.
• Ensuring merchandise and projects are accurately quoted, sold, and produced.
• Preparing and maintaining project folders according to policy.
The Project Specialist-Exteriors executes sales for home exterior projects. The PSE delivers a superior client experience by accurately assessing customer needs and swiftly creating a final quote/proposal. This associate spends most of his/her time in our customer homes or other locations to discuss project plans. The PSE must be comfortable owning the customer relationship and engaging in conversation to understand customer needs, providing product and project consultation, and overcoming challenges to closing sales.
_Travel Requirements: This role requires frequent traveling between customer sites._
**What We're Looking For**
• Salaried: Generally scheduled for 48 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
• Requires frequent traveling between customer sites.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
**What You Need To Succeed**
Must meet at least one of the below requirements:
• 1 year of experience as a Lowe's Sales Specialist.
• 2 years of residential construction experience (e.g., home building or renovations) AND 2 years of face-to-face sales experience.
• 3 years of residential construction experience (e.g., home building or renovations).
• 3 years of face-to-face sales experience.
Must meet all of the below requirements:
• If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson license for this position, you must either be licensed or pass the requisite licensing exam within sixty (60) days of starting employment in this position.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
• Ability to pass MVR screen in accordance with company requirements.
• Licensure or certification as a Construction Supervisor.
• 2 years of experience using Lowe's or other similar selling systems (e.g., M2O).
• 2 years of in-home or commission-based sales experience.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Our Military Commitment
At Lowe's, our commitment to recognize, honor, and respect those who serve in our country's military is rooted in our history and informs the decisions we make today:
- Lowe's was founded on the heels of World War II, by veteran Carl Buchan, whose leadership and vision helped us grow from a small hardware store in Wilkesboro, NC, into the FORTUNE 100® company we are today.
- Lowe's is ranked #38 among GI Job's "Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers®".
- Lowe's is part of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP), working with military installation contacts to promote job opportunities to military spouses.
- Lowe's is an Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Partner.
- Lowe's offers extended benefits for employees serving in the military.
We regularly participate in a variety of military-sponsored events and job fairs across the country, looking for more people to join the Lowe's team of military veterans. At more than 14,000 strong, our military veteran employees work in roles across our organization, from management to retail and customer support. And we demonstrate our appreciation for them in many ways, including:
- A 10% discount to all veterans during Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Veterans Day weekends; and a 10% discount every day to all active, reserve, retired and disabled veterans who carry a valid, military-issued photo ID card.
- Regular support for the military and the USO, including recent refurbishments to 16 USO centers across the U.S., to help welcome home our returning troops.
- The Lowe's Employee Giving Campaign, which allows employees to set aside a portion of their paycheck, to benefit the USO and other organizations, which Lowe's will match 50 cents to the dollar.
The military instills leadership, a strong work ethic, and a passion for a job well done. It allows pioneering spirits to demonstrate their commitment to teamwork and problem solving. And these are the traits of a Lowe's employee. As you focus on your post-military career, consider exploring the employment opportunities at Lowe's.
The Home Depot | Bristol, Connecticut
Lowe's Companies, Inc. | Southington, Connecticut
Lowe's Companies, Inc. | Plainville, Connecticut
Lowe's Companies, Inc. | Plainville, Connecticut
Lowe's Companies, Inc. | Manchester, Connecticut
Lowe's Companies, Inc. | Bloomfield, Connecticut
The Home Depot | Southington, Connecticut
Sunrun, Inc. | Hartford, Connecticut
Sunrun, Inc. | New Haven, Connecticut
Sunrun, Inc. | North Haven, Connecticut