Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
The North American Selling & Store Operations Workforce Management Product Team is experiencing tremendous demand from our business stakeholders and is growing to support this demand. We are looking for an experienced Product Owner to join our Product Team. Using knowledge of industry best practice and IT delivery leadership skills, you will help deliver solutions to our rapidly growing US and Canadian divisions.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- Responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog.
- Ensures that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on.
- Analyze complex cross functional business processes and defines integrated user stories using industry standard techniques, and is able to apply modified approaches and techniques to meet different circumstances.
- May have responsibility for some technical/configuration work on third party product solutions.
- May provide guidance to less experienced POs.
- Provides backlog management, iteration planning and elaboration of user stories
- Acts as customer proxy and works with product management and other POs to prepare for the PI Planning meeting.
- Act as the customer proxy between the business and Product Manager and the Agile Team
- Takes direction from the Epic Owner and Product Manager on Feature prioritization and decomposes into user stories.
- Refines the team backlog and ensures its visibility to stakeholders in order to prioritize user stories.
- Displays a strong understanding of targeted business operations and assists in the analysis of related business processes.
- Acts as customer proxy and works with product management and other POs to prepare for the PI Planning meeting
- Attends relevant Product Management meetings about planning and backlog/Vision refinement.
- As a member of the extended Product Management team, the PO may be involved in Program Backlog refinement.
- Participates in Team Demos and Retrospectives.
- Plays a key role in producing the System Demo for program and Value Stream holders.
- Drives iteration goals and iteration content via prioritized stories.
- Drives the story elaboration process for the Team, and ensures there is always a minimum of 2 sprints worth of ready stories in the backlog.
- Ensures the team understands items in the team backlog to the level needed.
- Ensures the team’s iteration goals are aligned to the PI Objectives
- Attends and actively participates in Team Ceremonies: Iteration Planning, Daily Scrum, Iteration Review, Iteration Retrospective
- The PO attends and actively participates in Agile Release Train (ART) Ceremonies: PI Planning, System Demo, ART Sync, Inspect & Adapt
- May collaborates with Product Manager and other Product Owners to define and coordinate feature development across other teams.
- Displays an engineering mind-set and systems thinking while understanding the economic view
- Only person on the Agile/Scrum Team empowered to accept stories as done and thereby fulfils a quality assurance function
- Makes priority decisions on the order of user stories in the product backlog in order to best achieve goals and business value.
- PO manages day-to-day scrum needs, serving as the voice of the user while unblocking issues and driving delivery.
- Participates in the development of story acceptance criteria.
- Reviews all user stories to ensure inclusion in product backlog.
- Experience with UKG (Kronos) Workforce Central and/or Workforce Dimensions required
- Established competency translating business needs into user stories that Teams can develop into finished deliverables.
- Good communicator of ongoing risks, scope tradeoffs, and timeline impacts to stakeholders to ensure alignment.
- Previous experience as a Product Owner is required
- Extensive experience writing user stories and their acceptance criteria. Ability to determine when to split stories which are too big.
- Works directly with product management, business sponsors, key stakeholders and agile scrum team(s) to ensure the solution meets the product vision and business objectives.
- Ability to manage dependencies in and across sprints and releases.
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Strong knowledge of business analysis, project management, and product management concepts desired, along with an understanding of how enterprise software products are positioned and developed.
- Extensive experience using ALM tools, Jira and Confluence.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an agile delivery framework, strategy or requirement development or Product Owner role
- Experienced hire – relevant business experience with Business Analysis experience across multiple projects in at least 3 full project lifecycles, including one complex project
- Can clearly demonstrate delivering artifacts for each project phase, and link the business value created with the process improvement
- Relevant undergraduate BA, BS degree in IT or Business or equivalent experience.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) preferred
Come Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff (Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room for advancement: of course). It’s our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
At the TJX Companies, Inc. we believe service members and Veterans bring invaluable talent to the TJX family. Since 2013 we have hired over 4,000 active and Veteran military service members. With a focus providing value to our customers, valuing our associates, and adding value to our communities, our culture fosters personal and career growth in a company that is continuously growing itself. So if you're looking to apply your leadership skills, strong work ethic, loyalty, and dedication to create a globo At the TJX Companies, Inc. we believe service members and Veterans bring invaluable talent to the TJX family. Since 2013 we have hired over 4,000 active and Veteran military service members. With a focus providing value to our customers, valuing our associates, and adding value to our communities, our culture fosters personal and career growth in a company that is continuously growing itself. So if you're looking to apply your leadership skills, strong work ethic, loyalty, and dedication to create a global impact, So if you're looking to apply your leadership skills, strong work ethic, loyalty, and dedication to create a global impact, click the link above