Participates in the design, build, manage and responsible for successful delivery of large-scale data structures and Pipelines and efficient Extract/Load/Transform (ETL) workflows. Acts as the data engineer for large and complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives.
• Assists in the development of large-scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect, and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
• Applies understanding of key business drivers to accomplish own work.
• Uses expertise, judgment, and precedents to contribute to the resolution of moderately complex problems.
• Leads portions of initiatives of limited scope, with guidance and direction.
• Writes ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
• Deep knowledge of architecture, frameworks, and methodologies for working with and modelling large data sets, such as HDFS, YARN, Spark, Hive and edge nodes and NoSQL databases.
• Strong SQL skills with commensurate experience in a large database platform.
• Able to perform code reviews to ensure the code meets the acceptance criteria.
• Familiar with Data Modelling/Mapping and implementing them in development.
• Collaborates with client team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into automated processes.
• Uses knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build data pipelines.
• Uses programming skills in Scala, Python, Java, or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems.
• Builds data marts and data models to support clients and other internal customers.
• Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
• Complete SDLC process and Agile Methodology (Scrum/SAFe)
• Understanding of EXASOL and its usage
*Candidate must be able to work EST hours
• 3-5 years ETL experience on Spark/Scala
• Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources.
• 3-5 years of Database Experience and optimizing queries
• 2-4 years of Experience with source code control systems (GIT) and CI/CD process (Jenkins/Team City/Octopus)
• Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking ability.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems. Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands
• Knowledge Scala, Java, Python, Hive, MySQL, or NoSQL or similar.
• Knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment.
• Nice to have AWS knowledge (S3/Redshift/Lambda/Data Pipeline).
• Working experience in Exasol/Redshift/Snowflake is a plus.
• Experience building data transformation and processing solutions.
• Expert high-level coding skills such as SQL/PL-SQL and scripting languages (UNIX) required. Scala is a plus.
• Involved in the design, prototyping and delivery of software solutions within the big data eco-system
• Requires significant knowledge across multiple areas and applications, has a significant healthcare business knowledge and impact to numerous applications
• Good exposure with EXASOL and DB maintenance
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline.
• Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. See Job Description
Continue serving and work with a purpose
As a CVS Health colleague, you'll find career opportunities across the organization and at every stage of your career. More important, your work will have an impactful purpose on someone's life, including your own. Learn more about how you can continue serving on your next mission at CVS Health.
Careers for Veterans and Military Spouses
"The military has an ethos that is grounded in purpose-driven service that’s bigger than the individual. The same holds true for us at CVS Health. You can talk to colleagues in any part of our business and they will be able to articulate our company’s purpose. Working here provides an opportunity for service members and military spouses to continue to serve, just in a civvies."