About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
Department Overview(Markets Finance)
The Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) Line of Business Finance Teams report to the Head of CIB Finance and manages the finance functions directly supporting the Wells Fargo CIB Line of Business. CIB consists of Market, Banking, CRE, and International.
The Markets business includes all sales and trading activity across asset classes and contains four main businesses offering a complete suite of products to institutional investors: Equities and FICC. The Markets Finance team is responsible for:
- Supporting the LOB leadership from a finance perspective, including providing consultative financial support and business analytics to enable business strategy, activities and initiatives;
- Ownership and analysis of financial projections, actual period-end results, and other required LOB financial submissions;
- Governance ad oversight over the LOB's management and legal entity reporting;
- Risk management and stewardship of sound financial and operational internal controls and processes;
- Financial oversight of product pricing, customer profitability, Investor Relations support materials and any significant in-business financial analysis used to support business decision making;
- Cost and expense management, including financial oversight of project investments, compensation models and Efficiency & Effectiveness program reporting;
- Establishing strong partnerships with Enterprise Finance and other business partners, including Controllers, Treasury, Risk, HR, Legal, etc.;
- Maintaining a team characterized by deep functional and technical subject matter expertise, and a team culture consistent with the Company's Vision and Values.
About the Role
This role will report to the Finance Manager of Markets located in Bengaluru and has the following responsibilities:
- Timely and accurate daily P&L reporting and general ledger reconciliations, primarily for the firm's trading activities. P&L production will include both Comprehensive P&L and clean (risk-based) P&L;
- Research and identify P&L issues arising from incorrect trade bookings, system errors, and valuation discrepancies;
- Month-end close for P&L, and substantiation of balance sheet at a detailed level;
- Must have strong attention to detail and ability to identify and escalate issues as needed;
- This role will require close and efficient communication with various groups, including Front Office, Middle Office, Market and Credit Risk, and Group Controllers;
- Utilize the firm's P&L attribution to validate the reported P&L;
- Track daily asset usage by Legal Entity and LoB;
- Produce and analyze Volcker metrics, where appropriate, to ensure accurate reporting and compliance with this rule;
- Prepare weekly/monthly management reports/financial highlights;
- Provide high quality commentary on P&L and balance sheet drivers;
- Analyze monthly expense trends and prepare analytics;
- Develop a solid understanding of the legal entities on which trading activities are conducted, and ensure the P&L is reported accurately on each entity;
- Prepare material to support internal/external audit examinations/queries;
- Ensure compliance with internal guidelines (e.g. COSO controls), and internal and external audit recommendations;
- Develop and improve upon internal controls through critical evaluation of current environment, with the goal of implementing consistent, industry best practices across the enterprise;
- Maintain accurate policies and procedures that are up to date and can be easily followed by internal and external audit groups.
Market Skills and Certifications
- BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business.
- 10-12+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: analytics, reporting, finance, or accounting.
- 4+ years of experience with Product Control function at a large bank.
- Solid understanding of FX business and products.
- Understanding of capital markets products and corresponding risk measures for the purposes of analyzing changes to P&L and providing explanation to the senior management and the regulators.
- Experience working in global teams.
- Proficient working with complex data, especially associated with trading activities.
- Advanced desktop skills in MS Office products especially MS Excel and MS Access and data query languages like SQL.
- Essbase (database with GL and org hierarchy info).
- Experience supporting other FICC businesses.
- Experience researching and resolving P&L issues arising from incorrect trade bookings, system errors, and valuation discrepancies – using both Finance and Front Office systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively build and maintain partnership with key stakeholders and partners.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Ability to be agile, flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate. 63545
We value the leadership, discipline, and skills you’ve gained through your service to our country and recognize the contributions our veteran team members bring to the table. We’re so committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities, National Guard members, and Reservists that we’ve made it our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.
As a Wells Fargo team member, you’ll find a work culture that is team-oriented, collaborative, structured, and challenging. We support veterans transitioning from military service with a variety of job options, confidential resources, educational information, and career guidance. You may choose to join our Veteran’s Team Member Network, a group of thousands who share an interest in veterans’ matters, and that promotes greater awareness and job development within the veteran community. To learn more about opportunities at our company, please visit wellsfargojobs.com/military. Let’s talk about turning your military experience into a great civilian career.