Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Position is located in Melbourne, Florida.
The software engineer will develop, modify and maintain customized or standardized embedded Mission Systems applications using software engineering best practices and standards, and participate in the full life-cycle of software development, to include requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance.
We offer a full benefits package, flexible work arrangements, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2-years of experience in software engineering OR a Master's degree in a (STEM) discipline from an accredited university Experience developing software with C/C++
- Experience with objected oriented programming
- At minimum, an active DoD Secret level clearance is required to apply. With the ability to obtain program access (PAR) before Day 1.
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Eclipse, Git, Rhapsody, DOORS, Atlassian Tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Crucible, Bamboo)
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience with Google Test
- Experience with scripting in Python and Bash
- Experience developing software targeted for Linux
- Program Access
Become part of a team at the forefront of technology and the frontline of defense when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. We currently have opportunities across the world for those ready to solve our toughest challenges on land, sea, air, space and cyberspace.
With Northrop Grumman, you’ll be joining a culture where your voice is heard and contributions are valued. Launch your career and join the over 17,000 veterans pushing past possible every day to create and deliver the most advanced systems that connect and protect our world. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, with a lifetime of potential that will allow you to work together with people from many backgrounds, personal passions and disciplines.
© 2020 Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.