About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations
Risk management at Wells Fargo is organized with clearly defined lines of defense to provide effective risk oversight and decision-making across the organization. Each line of defense is assigned specific responsibilities and understands the associated activities it is expected to perform.
Strategic Enterprise Risk Management
Strategic Enterprise Risk Management (SERM) is a group directly under the Chief Risk Officer that is responsible for a variety of strategic functions within Corporate Risk that includes risk reporting, risk governance, risk programs that oversee risk measurement and risk identification, strategic and reputational risk oversight, and risk optimization and strategy.
Enterprise Risk Reporting and Aggregation
Enterprise Risk Reporting and Aggregation (ERA) is a growing team within Strategic Enterprise Risk Management (SERM) that is responsible for developing and managing Regulatory, Board, and Executive management reporting of risks across the organization, and for developing strong risk analytics and intelligence capabilities to proactively identify and report on risk trends.
About the Role
The candidate will be an Enterprise Risk Officer in the Enterprise Risk Aggregation (ERA) Reporting team. This team is responsible for the production of enterprise risk reporting and the execution of control activities related to report production. The team is also responsible for designing, developing, testing and documentation activities related to key enterprise risk reports. A successful candidate will have a solid background in reporting, understanding and utilizing Relational Databases and Data Warehouses, and be effective querying and reporting on large and complex data sets. This role will interface with the Data Management, Governance and Strategy team(s) within ERA, and includes but is not limited to creating BRDs, enhancing existing reporting interfaces, supporting UAT of reports for all technology releases, and management of the daily data operations. Other areas of responsibilities includes ownership of reporting for new regulations, monitoring new risks for ad-hoc requests, and documentation. An understanding of Data Governance, BCBS 239 reporting principles, and internal Wells Fargo policies and oversight groups including G&O standards and artifacts will assist to maintain regulatory compliance standards.
- Develop a deep understanding of the core data and reporting model(s) within Enterprise Risk Aggregation (ERA).
- Demonstrate analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop reporting.
- Create and interpret Business Intelligence data (Reporting, Basic Analytics, Predictive Analytics and Prescriptive Analytics) combined with business knowledge to draw supportable conclusions about current and future risk levels.
- Design rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas and automate reporting and controls.
- Design, build, and execute data quality controls that ensure completeness and accuracy on ERA datasets and reports
- Create, analyze, and solve reporting issues at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context and providing detailed root cause analysis.
- Perform deep dive analytics (both Ad-hoc and structured) and provide reporting or results to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Translate ambiguous ideas/issues into well-defined plans/solutions; while influencing decision-making.
- Influence policies and procedures to comply with Corporate and Regulatory requirements.
Market Skills and Certifications
- 10+ yrs. of experience in risk (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management)
- 5+ years of experience in risk (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk)
- Ability to develop and maintain data documentation including Governance and Oversight (G&O) artifacts
- Ability to Design rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas and automate reporting and controls.
- Ability to perform in-depth analytics (both Ad-hoc and structured) and provide reporting or results to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of hands-on risk reporting, intelligence and strong analytics & problem solving experience
- Strong Teradata and SQL Server experience
- Strong presentation skills and ability to translate actionable results simplistically
- 5+ years of experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Qlik, or SQL Server Reporting Services
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience, understanding, and knowledge of Enterprise Risk exposures within Wells Fargo, such as: Deposits, Direct Credit, Debt and Equity Securities, Derivatives, and SFTs
- Experience working with Finance, Basel, Counterparty, Market and Credit Risk data
- Ability to think creatively to synthesize recommendations for the remediation and reconcilement of reporting data
- Strong validation and reconciliation competencies, data mining and intellectual curiosity
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Strong writing skills – proven ability to translate data sets and conclusions drawn from analysis into business/executive format and language
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
We value the leadership, discipline, and skills you’ve gained through your service to our country and recognize the contributions our veteran team members bring to the table. We’re so committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities, National Guard members, and Reservists that we’ve made it our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.
As a Wells Fargo team member, you’ll find a work culture that is team-oriented, collaborative, structured, and challenging. We support veterans transitioning from military service with a variety of job options, confidential resources, educational information, and career guidance. You may choose to join our Veteran’s Team Member Network, a group of thousands who share an interest in veterans’ matters, and that promotes greater awareness and job development within the veteran community. To learn more about opportunities at our company, please visit wellsfargojobs.com/military. Let’s talk about turning your military experience into a great civilian career.