Ace Hardware Corporation is looking for an experienced Retail Development Manager (internally known as Retail Operations Project Manager) who prospect, sell, lead, develop and manage retail projects (expansions, relocations, renovations, conversions and new ground up stores) in Pennsylvania & New Jersey. This role is responsible for delivering a solution to the store owner using appropriate business measurements and tools per the project setup agreement. This position has overall performance responsibility for selling, managing scope, cost, schedule and contractual deliverables for the project. This includes applying techniques for consultative selling, planning, tracking, change control and risk management.
What you'll be doing
- Align with Ace's values, mission and vision of being helpful in all aspects of your role with internal and external stakeholders.
- Consult and close sales of retail projects using consultative selling skills during meetings with prospective retailers, conversion retailers, branch store candidates as well as renovation projects for existing retailers.
- Inspire and motivate to action; prospects, retailers as well as Ace stakeholders to ensure maximum project penetration throughout the Project Managers respective territory. Regularly meet with retailers with the purpose to educate and inform on the benefits of a store renovation. This can be one-on-one or in a group setting.
- Plan and develop scope of retail projects for expansion, relocation, renovation, conversion and new ground up stores. Partner with Ace District Managers. Provide the DM the tools to have a meaningful discussion with their retailers on the benefits of a store renovation. Coordinate with the DM to develop a store renovation prospect list and develop a strategy to consult with the prospects on the benefits of a renovation.
- Manage all resources both internal and external to meet established schedules for all projects assigned.
- Assess the retail potential in key existing Ace markets for the opportunity to "Right Size - Right Place" the store to maximize Ace market share by working closely with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide support in the review of potential real estate locations in cooperation with appropriate stakeholders to determine, from a project stand point, the locations' feasibility. Review and ensure Landlord tenant criteria and construction portions of lease are thoroughly evaluated and communicate such with all internal partners.
- Track and maintain project updates via the current corporate project management tools. This will require updating of the system of various project tasks.
- Periodically visit sites on all assigned projects to ensure proper installation of all work, administer punch list review and turnover to retailer and District Manager upon completion.
What you'll need to apply
- B.S. / B.A. Degree in business administration or construction or commensurate experience
- Capital project selling experience.
- 2- 3 years of retail project management experience.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Ace retail operations programs and initiatives.
- Understanding of basic retail store operations and management.
- General building construction knowledge preferred
- Ability to formulate detailed estimates and schedules through development of the project scope and ensure that these costs are accurately communicated with the retailer and appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide support in the review of potential real estate locations in cooperation with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Ability to review and ensure Landlord tenant criteria and construction portions of lease are thoroughly evaluated and communicate such with all stakeholders.
- Ability to track and maintain project updates via the current corporate project management tools
- Ability to effectively lead, manage, facilitate & coordinate multiple retail projects concurrently.
- Must be able to develop/present a project capitalization workbook.
- Effective communicator and ability to influence retailers, internal and external stakeholders consistently as well as gain acceptance to drive the execution of programs and or services in a consultative role
- Excellent and effective presentation skills. Groups include individuals, regional teams, retailer groups and large group presentations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent PC skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Salesforce.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours and regularly travel overnight.
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
For 90 years, Ace Hardware has been known as the place with the helpful hardware folks in thousands of neighborhoods across America, providing customers with a more personal kind of helpful. In 2013, Ace ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Improvement Retail Stores, Seven Years in a Row” according to J.D. Power. With more than 4,800 hardware stores locally owned and operated across the globe, Ace is the largest hardware cooperative in the industry. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries currently operate 14 distribution centers in the U.S. and also have distribution capabilities in Shanghai, China; Panama City, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Its retailers' stores are located in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and approximately 60 countries.
McKesson Corporation | , Pennsylvania
Anthem, Inc. | , Pennsylvania
Lowe's Companies, Inc. | Montoursville, Pennsylvania
CVS Health | , Pennsylvania
Infosys Limited | , Pennsylvania
Crown Holdings | , Pennsylvania
Combined Insurance | , Pennsylvania
Infosys Limited | , Pennsylvania
Arrow Electronics | , Pennsylvania
Lowe's Companies, Inc. | Mill Hall, Pennsylvania