Custodian will maintain up-to-date schedules, available upon request for review, detailing cleaning areas, and duties of custodial personnel for each building and area. Will oversee all activities performed by custodial personnel and landscaping personnel. Must manage all custodial personnel, including scheduling daily activities, managing appropriate leaves, supervision of duties, and inspection of duties. Will assist in set up of special events. Ensures personnel exhibit superior workmanship and focus upon a quality end product. Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure all tasks are accomplished safely and with a focus upon a quality.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Maintain cleanliness to assigned areas.
- Facilitates planning, coordinating, directing and controlling activities performed by custodial and landscaping personnel.
- Perform inventory control and transport to various work sites the supplies needed to complete the work of the department; monitor the use and care of the supplies and equipment.
- Perform routine inspection of all assigned areas and evaluate the total work of employees against established standards, insuring training needs are met, and counseling on job performance.
- Develop information, maintain records, and prepare a variety of reports e.g. custodial workloads, service requirements and employee job performance.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
- Provides reports on all life safety, quality, and maintenance issues.
- Provides a safe and secure workplace.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in custodial field.
- Interpersonal skills, and dexterity are needed to maintain holistic management of the Custodial Department, because this is an area that requires constant problem
- solving skills as maintenance issues, supply issues, and personnel issues are continually arising.
- Custodial must be able to complete a task when instructed to do so by the Manager or Customer.
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and people management skills
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very
- adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Medium to Heavy Work Exerting up to 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 to 20 pounds of force
- constantly to move objects. Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential
- could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE
- includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.