Morgan Corporation is the largest manufacturer of medium duty freight and refrigerated van and truck bodies in North America. Founded in 1952, as a small welding shop in Morgantown, Pennsylvania, on the site where Conestoga wagons were manufactured through the late 1800s, we have experienced tremendous growth and continue to look for additional expansion opportunities around the world. With a total of fourteen manufacturing and six service facilities strategically located across the U.S. and Canada, Morgan is able to provide the quality, service, and prompt delivery our customers expect.
A subsidiary of J.B. Poindexter, a privately held diversified manufacturing company, Morgan Corporation offers a vast variety of career opportunities, internally as well as within the J.B. Poindexter family of companies. We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability plans, 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We pride ourselves in team member development, performance, recognition, and a culture of diversity and respect. Whether you are taking the next step of your career or just beginning, joining Morgan’s winning team means being part of a great home away from home. You will be challenged. You will be proud.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work and adhere to all safety policies within the work area and throughout the company.
• Properly and safely operate required tools both power/non-power.
• Understand and comprehend measurements and have the ability to apply based on instruction. Ability to read a tape measurer.
• Perform task within allotted RE time.
• Flex within functional areas as needed.
• Be able to operate a table saw and nail gun
• Work required schedule including overtime.
• Work with little or no supervision.
• Meet physical requirements which include lifting up to 50lbs, standing for long periods, bending, stooping, reaching and squatting.
• Perform other duties as required by management.
• Putting up stock inventory.
• Pulling parts.
Specific Job Functions:
• SGA over counter sales
• Safely operate forklift/straddle lift within areas of the facility.
• Load and unload trucks.
• Complete daily forklift inspection
• build shipping crates
• Use of Banding Equipment
• Ability to properly identify part numbers.
• Comply with truck and trailer safety.
• Proper handling of all products/parts to include but not limited to customer units including flatbed carry out, FRP’s, and hazardous materials.
• High School Diploma or equivalent GED preferred.
• The ability to get along with others.
This job operates in a manufacturing plant environment. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to stand (sometimes for extended periods); walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 35 pounds. The team member may, at times, sit, bend, stoop, squat, reach overhead, or crawl (may be in confined spaces). The team member is expected to perform repetitive tasks using their hands, and have the ability to climb ladders and/or work in high places.
SPECIAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
• Click the link below to complete our pre-employment assessment (approximately 7 minutes or less).
• After completing the pre-employment assessment, come back to this job posting and click the Apply button to complete our online application where you can also submit a resume.
• After completing your online application, your pre-employment assessment results and application/resume will be more thoroughly reviewed and you may be contacted for a personal interview.
Per our Job Posting Procedure, “you may apply for any job opening if you are a full time, active team member, have at least one year of service with the company, have been in your present job for one year or more and possess the education, experience and other requirements of the open position,” as stated in our Salaried Team Member Handbook. Additionally, all Team Members must discuss with their manager prior to applying for a position.
J.B. Poindexter & Co. (JBPCO) is a privately held, diversified manufacturing company with over $1.4B dollars in annual revenue and 6,300 team members. Eight operating subsidiaries covering over 40 locations are engaged in the production of commercial truck bodies, step-vans, utility trucks, funeral coaches, limousines, pick-up truck bed enclosures, precision machining and expandable foam plastic packaging.
J.B. Poindexter Companies looking to hire: Truck Accessories Group (TAG), Morgan Truck Body, Reading Truck Body & Morgan Olson
Who We Are Looking For
JBPCO is seeking transitioning military service members, military veterans and military spouses across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization.
Should I Apply?
JBPCO affords team members opportunities in career advancement, and an array of benefits, as well as training, development, and a competitive salary. JBPCO job opportunities are nationwide supporting local economies. Their culture emphasizes diversity, safety, team building, succession planning and morale as well as recognizing military veteran team members. If you are ready to advance your career and help the JBPCO team move further down the road ahead, view their available career opportunities to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a J.B. Poindexter & Co. job posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on JBPCO's career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on JBPCO's career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once JBPCO reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!
J.B. Poindexter | Denver, Colorado
Land O'Lakes | Henderson, Colorado
Sysco | Denver, Colorado
Sysco | Commerce City, Colorado
Sysco | Littleton, Colorado
Sysco | Commerce City, Colorado
Sysco | Centennial, Colorado
Sysco | Denver, Colorado
Sysco | Westminster, Colorado
Sysco | Northglenn, Colorado