Amentum is currently seeking a qualified Aircraft Worker in support of the U.S Naval Air Station maintenance operations at NAS Whidbey Island. The Aircraft Worker performs pre/post-operational checks, fueling and operation of support equipment, to include conditional/scheduled inspections and periodic maintenance.
- Make repairs to aircraft following orders of higher-grade worker.
- Remove, clean, reinstall or replace defective parts, accessories, and components such as worn gaskets, couplings, and fittings; bad actuators, accumulators, gauges, sections of corroded fuel and oil lines, worn cable pulleys, frayed spark plug cables, and burned-out landing lights, using hand tools.
- Make adjustments and settings such as cable tension and seat movement settings and adjustments.
- Obtain standard parts such as fuel and oil line connections and fittings, cable linkage, and spark plug cables and harnesses by referring to parts manuals and by making comparisons with samples.
- Service engines and aircraft components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition.
- Perform pre-flight and recovery (pre-positioning support equipment, aircraft start-up), launch, and aircraft directing in support of the sorties and timelines of the daily flight schedule.
- Perform Daily/Turnaround, Conditional, Special Inspections and maintenance IAW Maintenance Requirement Cards (MRC) and NAVAIR technical manuals.
- Check the aircraft for tools and other foreign objects that could potentially put the aircraft or aircrew at risk.
- Perform pre/post-op checks, fueling, and operation of support equipment, to include conditional/scheduled inspections and periodic maintenance (ladders, tie-downs, chocks, etc.).
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned, requested, or directed by local directives.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Work is performed in a shop environment, aircraft hangars, flight line, and shipboard that are moderately lighted, heated and ventilated to extreme weather conditions outside, is exposed to disagreeable fumes and to cuts and bruises from using tools in close placed and hazards of moving vehicles such as forklifts, sweepers, tow vehicles, and aircraft. May be required to work in areas that are noisy, dusty, and dirty. May also be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance, and taste or smell. Frequently lifts items weighing 40-45 pounds and occasionally more than 50 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment, hangars, flight line, and shipboard flight deck is usually loud, or may include unsafe conditions, questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards, and providing feedback to supervisors and managers on all safety issues. The employee will be required to use Fall Protection equipment with PPE.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks, and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - The foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- High school diploma or equivalent training/experience and a valid driver's license required.
- Three (3) years actual and recent related experience in the field consistent with the requirements set forth in the contract/delivery order.
- An A&P license shall be considered equivalent to three (3) years' experience within the aircraft field.
- F/A-18E/F and/or EA-18G qualified Plane Captain experience required for assignment as a Line Aircraft Worker.
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance and pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned task.
- Position requires travel.
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
Our leading technologies and repeatable processes are delivered by experts with a record of optimizing the quality and cost-effectiveness of support. Using tools such as our Facility Asset Management & Operations Services (FAMOS™) model, we integrate diverse operational elements into a single, unified approach providing control and visibility. This allows us to increase operational readiness and extend the life of critical facilities and equipment.
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
- Equipment O&M/Asset Management
- Facility O&M and Range Support
- Global Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- IT/Network Support
- Satellite Communications
- Unmanned Systems