This position provides senior contract management, leadership and subject matter expertise to the Joint Multinational Readiness Center (JMRC) Operations Group (OPSGRP) in the support of planning and execution of JMRC___s mission to train and exercise Multinational Interoperability to US, NATO, and partner nation forces. JMRC is located in Hohenfels, Germany in the state of Bavaria.
The JMRC Rotation Mission Support (RMS) Contract Program Manager (PM) serves as the senior manager responsible for providing a wide range of military technical, logistical, operational support services. Services require expertise in military equipment/systems maintenance, training, integration and operations, military exercise planning, tactical and technical analysis and operations, logistics planning and support, exercise control and analysis of player performance in a variety of operational environments and use of technical military training equipment and systems. The RMS contract provides the government, US and Multinational Forces with a wide range of support that extends from the beginning of the exercise planning process through exercise execution and recovery. The RMS Program Manager plans, manages and supervises all work efforts related to RMS contract support functions, required resources, and associated contract deliverables.
The PM will be responsible for contributing to business development, reporting directly to the MS&L Director. The Program Manager is responsible for the financial performance of the product line and growing new business by participating in other pursuits, as required.
The Program Manager is viewed as a subject matter expert within the business segment and is PM is expected to develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation. Assignments are often self-initiated and self-supervisory. Serves as prime consultant and external spokesperson for the organization on highly significant matters relating to policies, programs, capabilities, and long-range goals and objectives within the business.
Monitors and develops strategies to maximize Key Performance Indicators for the business such as Revenue, Bookings, Backlog, and Cash. Develops real time corrective action plans and assesses risks and opportunities that need to be addressed to maximize performance.
Develops and implements methodology to decrease operational costs in order to improve competitiveness and maximize profits.
Functional Guidance / Collaboration:
Assesses and directs functional performance to insure that direct and indirect cost return the maximum benefit to the program.
Interacts with customers and teammates on various Program Issues: Process Improvements, incremental funding of CLINs, timeliness of Contract Awards, customer feedback on timeliness and quality of our proposal submissions and correcting any non-conformance they observe. Collaborates on task order negotiations and resolves disagreements on scope, price, terms, and periods of performance.
Manages relationships with the customer and POCs to advance efforts and ensure communication continuity and mission success.
Growth of Business:
- Performs a wide array of organizational, supervisory, managerial responsibilities required to successfully perform JMRC RMS contract in support of JMRC exercise mission support, applying extensive knowledge and expertise related to U.S. military exercise planning and support, training, simulation, operations, logistics and maintenance.
- Collaborates with military/government officials and Sub Contractors in formulating, synchronizing and resourcing the labor and material assets necessary to support current and future rotational training exercises.
- Provides guidance and technical assistance in the development and/or distribution of plans that directly support military training exercises. Adapts military/government decisions and guidance into action plans across affected functional areas and in coordination with other affected contracts to facilitate appropriate resource allocation and synchronized execution.
- Manages RMS Contract resources responsible to the U.S. Government for resource stewardship within the rules of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Statement of Work (SOW).
- Recommends, coordinates and/or implements value added actions, process, practices and procedures optimizing quality of service. Create resource savings for customer and/or contractor.
- Ensures all SOW amendments are planned, approved, resourced and implemented in a timely manner to meet customer exercise requirements.
- Master's degree in a related field and 3 years of specialized experience; OR Bachelor's degree in a related field and 6 years of specialized experience; OR 10 years of specialized experience.
- 10 years of business operations experience; 8 years of supervisory/leadership experience, preferably PM Certified.
- Working knowledge of Federal ITAR and FAR regulations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent; Interpersonal and People Skills, Oral and Written Communication Skills.
- Proven experience with military culture and customs; former military service and combat veteran desired.
- Previous experience managing execution of Government contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage available resources and establish processes.
- Multi-program synchronization experience.
- Experience and knowledge in US military operations, planning and training. Practical knowledge and understanding of U.S. Army Combat Training Center, combat training simulators, training systems, U.S. Army combat vehicles and U.S. Army weapon systems and associated logistical support.
- Experience with US Government Contractors directly supporting US forces.
- Possess the level of communication skills required to effectively and efficiently brief military and civilian leadership via written products or oral presentations.
- Must be able to obtain and/or maintain a US Secret Security Clearance.
Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people, innovation and technology
Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services.
Raytheon | Hohenfels,