About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Product, Analytics and Modeling (PAM). We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
Technology Infrastructure (TI) is leading technology transformation in a multi-cloud technology ecosystem delivering products and innovative solutions at scale that are stable, secure, and always on. This includes Cloud and Agile implementation, engineering, architecture, and all the tools, products, and training that will enable team members to achieve our transformation
About the Role
Senior level position responsible for leading system design and architecture, in partnership with Enterprise Architecture and Senior Developers, to deliver technology solutions.
Infrastructure Development & Automation
The Infrastructure Development and Automation (IDA) team is responsible for delivery of enterprise class applications and services to stakeholders across the firm, with a deliberate focus on enabling and delivering to an API-first strategy. The team is responsible for definition of holistic user journeys to streamline user experiences through self-service capabilities.
The team is comprised of a diverse and global workforce, operating out of multiple locations in the United States and India.
This position is for a senior-level Solution Architect to lead our pivot to an API-first approach, establishing standards and common patterns for development teams to adopt. This role will be pivotal in delivering Cloud-native solutions, based on micro-services implementations with a strong focus on scalability, resilience and reliability practices. In addition, there is a need for development of common services to improve component re-use and developer productivity.
The Solution Architect must adopt and support a culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness.
- Provide thought-leadership and expertise to formulate and execute on technology implementations.
- System design for existing and new applications, with a focus on modern practices (API, micro-services, Cloud, Event Streaming, Open Telemetry, Tracing etc.)
- Establish strong relationships with Enterprise Architecture and Technology Principals to align to and drive strategic outcomes.
- Work with Principal Engineers and internal customers to develop robust and scalable solutions.
- Establish and document technology biases to drive convergence towards preferred technologies and standard – provide guidance to emerging technology leaders
- Developer common services consumable by all development teams to eliminate redundancy, improve developer productivity and increasing development velocity
- Develop an API-first strategy, including standards – versioning, contract testing, authentication, documentation etc.
- Provide API governance to ensure API's are validated pre go-live
- Facilitate re-architecture of existing monolithic applications to Cloud-based architectures, including containerized platforms
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent practical experience
- 15+ years of technology experience
- 15+ years of related experience (e.g., Lead Developer, Solution Architect)
- Strong technical knowledge of API strategy and management on an enterprise scale
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to influence and partner technology leaders to drive strategic outcomes.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to manage efforts that require integration of multiple technology systems, operations, or processes
- Ability to drive and lead alignment across the enterprise
- A curiosity to learn new technologies, an ability to self-start and the discipline to prioritize while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment will make you successful in this role
- Experience in Cloud architecture, API design and delivery of micro-services patterns for enterprise adoption
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate. 63354
We value the leadership, discipline, and skills you’ve gained through your service to our country and recognize the contributions our veteran team members bring to the table. We’re so committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities, National Guard members, and Reservists that we’ve made it our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.
As a Wells Fargo team member, you’ll find a work culture that is team-oriented, collaborative, structured, and challenging. We support veterans transitioning from military service with a variety of job options, confidential resources, educational information, and career guidance. You may choose to join our Veteran’s Team Member Network, a group of thousands who share an interest in veterans’ matters, and that promotes greater awareness and job development within the veteran community. To learn more about opportunities at our company, please visit wellsfargojobs.com/military. Let’s talk about turning your military experience into a great civilian career.