About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About the Role
The Control Officer will be Responsible to lead and manage effectively the day-to-day business risk and control requirements of the groups under the Global Delivery Enablement (GDE) organization in India and Philippines.
- Manage risk and control for the Global Delivery Enablement groups spread across India and the Philippines
- Manage risk and control for the Third Party Delivery Centers that are under the purview of the Third Party Governance team
- Have a process approach to risk management and ability to challenge status quo and build relationships
- Partner and liaise closely with the GDE group leadership team to implement all key applicable operational risk components/ programs.
- Perform risk assessments, and ensure audit preparedness. Have a process oriented approach to risk management.
- Proactively and continuously promote engagement of business functions to integrate the risk programs into daily activities/operations, drive risk awareness across the stakeholder groups.
- Develop and implement an effective change management process for any changes in the standard operating environment. This would involve identifying the risks associated with the change, conducting risk assessment and help implement risk mitigation plan working with the stakeholders.
- Liaison with the control validation team to effectively manage the validation process and ensure effective delivery of the testing efforts across Wells Fargo's Operations groups in India and Philippines.
- Monitor and track all the findings of the control validation reviews, audit reviews and self-identified issues using the corporate tools.
- Issue Management and development of periodic risk reporting to stakeholders for effective tracking and reporting of risk items and issues.
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree in Business or related discipline.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Fluency in English and at least one regional language.
- At least 8 years' experience in operational risk management or similar competencies
- Experience of working across one or more geographic territories or regions
- Relevant risk management certifications
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate. 63489
We value the leadership, discipline, and skills you’ve gained through your service to our country and recognize the contributions our veteran team members bring to the table. We’re so committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities, National Guard members, and Reservists that we’ve made it our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.
As a Wells Fargo team member, you’ll find a work culture that is team-oriented, collaborative, structured, and challenging. We support veterans transitioning from military service with a variety of job options, confidential resources, educational information, and career guidance. You may choose to join our Veteran’s Team Member Network, a group of thousands who share an interest in veterans’ matters, and that promotes greater awareness and job development within the veteran community. To learn more about opportunities at our company, please visit wellsfargojobs.com/military. Let’s talk about turning your military experience into a great civilian career.