Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
The Supply Planner position is a highly visible supply chain role that is responsible for overseeing inventory planning and procurement across the supply chain network. This individual needs to have the capability to balance the sometimes conflicting goals of inventory targets, targeted customer service levels, forecast accuracy, and safety stock requirements for the allocated portfolio of SKU’s for which he or she is assigned. This person is the key liaison to resolve supply issues and ensures the efficient delivery of inventory, service and cost objectives. This role will identify ways to improve supply planning processes by utilizing current tools and systems. In addition, this person is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all purchase order data to support the Sales, Operations, and Transportation Teams in order to meet customer demand and regional performance objectives.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining inventories and executing the supply plan to minimize out of stocks across the supply chain network to increase service levels while reducing purchasing costs and capital employed.
- Proactively utilize MRP’s and other tools to review inventory projections & supply-demand summaries to prevent potential shortages or excessive inventory and demurrage
- Monitors inventory levels and make suggestions on inventory parameters (e.g. safety stock, forecast, etc.)
- Ability to assess purchasing options, optimizing loads via combining various products onto a single order, pre-ordering as needed to reduce costs. Works with Product Marketing Management on overall supply direction
- Review out of stock situations or shortage of supply issues and recommends mitigations. Utilizes exception reports to identify and correct potential out of stock issues
- The position will also include responsibility for mentoring less experienced supply planners related to supply chain concepts along with SAP functionality
- Conducts business and performance reviews with key suppliers on an ad-hoc basis
- Identifies and manages potential inventory obsolescence to minimize aged inventory and eventual write-offs.
- Tracks and reconciles weekly/monthly metrics versus established targets
- Responsible for maintaining into stock performance, if approaching out of stock situation, provides options to customer service to remedy situation.
- Converts SAP generated purchase requisitions into purchase orders
- Basic Excel skills required
- Knowledge of integrated planning software is beneficial
- Experience with various ERP systems within a production environment, SAP is a plus
- Excellent communication and Team building skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Candidate must possess analytical skills and be detail oriented
- Ability to deal with complexity and manage ambiguity
- Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in inventory
Drive for process improvement with a continuous improvement mindset
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain/Operations, or other related fields, preferred. A mix of experience and education will be considered.
- APICS certification (CPIM) preferred
SAP experience preferred, not required.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, a leading global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success. To do this, our teams consist of experts and professionals providing extensive capabilities, deep market and regulatory knowledge, world-class formulation development, and industry-leading digital tools to grow their businesses.
Univar Solutions draws on deep resources—inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers—to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you'll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemicals and ingredients. Join us to help solve our customers and suppliers' most vexing business challenges.