DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment programs. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is a 423-bed acute care hospital that has been serving the north Houston community for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, neonatal intensive care, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology.
To learn more about the programs and upcoming events at HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest, visit www.HCAhoustonhealthcare.com
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. For more information, visit www.HCAGulfCoast.com.
What you will do in this role:
- Applies the nursing process to a group of patients. Evaluates outcomes of patient care, consults with other disciplines as required and documents the plan of care and treatment as necessary to ensure optimal service and care to hospital’s policies and procedures.
- Ensures appropriate delivery of patient care for a group of patients according to policy and procedure; assigns and/or delegates patient care assignments to license and non-licensed nursing staff, based on acuity, needs of the patient, staff availability and qualifications.
- Documents and delivers all aspects of patient care efficiently and accurately in the electronic health record. Maintains proper and required documentation in accordance with hospital accreditations for trauma, stroke, STEMI and core measures.
- Demonstrates professional practice/conduct at all times.
- Participates in department process improvement projects. Participates and engaged in improving patient satisfaction.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing is required.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of approved and accredited nursing program (B.S.N)
- Graduate of approved and accredited ADN must be enrolled in a current B.S.N. nursing program.
- Current ENPC, TNCC.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Course and Certification
- Current RN Licensure in the State of Texas.
- 2-years of ER experience highly desired.
- Ability to interpret basic EKG rhythms within 6 month
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our Talent Acquisition Team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.