About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About the Role
We are looking a principal engineer who will bring the highest technical thought leadership to the organization. In this role, this leader will be accountable for assisting delivery leaders in Payments, Treasury and Customer care Technology by developing a Digital Capability vision that helps realize Customer First through modern design & technologies. He/she will collaborate with key partners, Leads and team members across regions to take complete ownership and accountability till execution of vision including Product Strategy & Delivery, Architecture, and Platform in articulating current and future state for but not limit to:
- Deep knowledge, understanding & experience of working with a large variety of multi-tier architectures and have very good understanding of mircoservices and should have prior experience in developing the cloud ready apps
- Implementing best practices from inception of SDLC like GIT branching Strategy, Code Reviews, Test Driven developments
- Hands-on experience in Java or any similar JVM languages, Eager to solve the problem by quickly implementing the PoC
- Wear the hat of architecture of all of Digital products' and will also be responsible for getting it reviewed, and making sure the system is built accordingly
- Working knowledge on RDBMS, NoSQL like MongoDB and ELK stack
- Appetite to solve the scalability and Performance issues and should have strong troubleshooting skills
- Sound knowledge on Event Driven programming and messaging broker like RabbitMQ (or) KAFKA
- Good understanding of security best practices in implementing the publically facing external applications (Fortify Scan, SonarQube, Blackduck scan)
- Core understanding BFSI and payments domain is must
- Should have working knowledge on atleast one of cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or GCP
- Strong influential skills in vetting design with our partners and articulate the same in precise and concise way
Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- May represent Wells Fargo to external industry groups, influencing industry standards. Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others with the goal of knowledge transfer.
- University degree in Business or related discipline with 15 + years of experience.
Technical expert, innovator, and strategic thought leader within a specified technology engineering discipline such as applications, network, information security, database, operating systems, or web technologies.
- Experience in leading large scale Digital transformation
- Must have Experience in developing application in Cloud native
- Must have Experience in developing applications using Event driven architecture using KEES (Kafka Enterprise Event Streaming) Rich experience working in Agile environment
- Hands on experience adopting and implementing engineering practices such as TDD, BDD, Developer lead functional automation, Automated deployment
- Experience in recommending changes to application architecture with knowledge in infrastructure aspects and good ability to articulate to stakeholders.
Market Skills and Certifications
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
We value the leadership, discipline, and skills you’ve gained through your service to our country and recognize the contributions our veteran team members bring to the table. We’re so committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities, National Guard members, and Reservists that we’ve made it our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.
As a Wells Fargo team member, you’ll find a work culture that is team-oriented, collaborative, structured, and challenging. We support veterans transitioning from military service with a variety of job options, confidential resources, educational information, and career guidance. You may choose to join our Veteran’s Team Member Network, a group of thousands who share an interest in veterans’ matters, and that promotes greater awareness and job development within the veteran community. To learn more about opportunities at our company, please visit wellsfargojobs.com/military. Let’s talk about turning your military experience into a great civilian career.