Join the team at Mission!
Raise the Bar. Care Like Family. Unlock Possibilities.
Discover a generous benefits package! Our total rewards package includes but is not limited to: 401k retirement plan, paid time off (PTO), medical, dental and vision insurance, flex spending account options, life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, student loan assistance program, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program.
Job Summary: Perform advanced assessment, hemodynamic monitoring, ventilator care and administration of advanced medication formulary during the care of critically ill or injured patients. Assumes responsibility for the operation and maintenance of emergency vehicles.
- Required Experience: Two years of full time active paramedic level primary EMS or Critical Care transport service experience or combination thereof.
- Preferred Experience: Three to five years of full time active paramedic level primary EMS or Critical Care transport service experience or combination thereof
- Required License: UMBC CCEMT-P certification, North Carolina Paramedic certification, North Carolina drivers license and must meet insurance guidelines, must have BCLS, ITLS or PHTLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP. Must have a valid NC driver's license or procure one within 30 days of employment unless an out-of-state commuter, at least two years of satisfactory driving experience and be at least 25 years of age to meet the Mission Health established insurance guidelines.
- Preferred License: National Registry.
- Required Education: EMS Certificate from Community College or Associate of Science in EMS. Must complete and maintain continuing education or re-certification class as required by NC OEMS.
- Preferred Education: Bachelors in EMS
ABOUT MISSION HEALTH
Mission Health, an operating division of HCA Healthcare, is based in Asheville, North Carolina and is the state’s sixth largest health system. In 2018, for the sixth time in the past seven years, Mission Health has been named one of the nation’s Top 15 Health Systems by IBM Watson Health (formerly Truven Health Analytics). Mission Health is the only health system in North Carolina to achieve this recognition. Mission Health operates six hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, post-acute care provider CarePartners, long-term acute care provider Asheville Specialty Hospital, and the region’s only dedicated Level II trauma center. With approximately 12,000 colleagues and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina. For more information, please visit missionhealth.org or @MissionHealthNC.
Mission Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.