Under the guidance of the Regional V.M.I. Operations Manager, this Counter Sales Representative is responsible for maintaining all day to day functions in a Vendor Managed Inventory (V.M.I.) Client's facility. This includes but is not limited to the following: filling customer orders, checking in inventory, maintaining “regional items" as necessary, completing the proper control reports, and contributing to sales growth.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 40%- Timely and accurate fulfillment of daily replenishment orders for the customer. Properly receive daily replenishment and branch transfers to maintain accurate inventory.
- 20%- Complete all control reports in the intervals described in the Operations Manual. Monitor and adjust “Min / Max” levels on an ongoing basis to maintain the proper levels of inventory.
- 10%- Maintain a clean and professional warehouse.
- 15%- Recognize and communicate to the Regional V.M.I. Operations Manager both market and customer business conditions.
- 15%- Communicate with the customer about product stocking levels and seasonal fluctuations to ensure there are no outages.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to the Senior VP of Sales. No direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes which cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
- Counter sales experience preferred, preferably in HVAC, Plumbing, or Electrical environment.
- Warehouse or Operations experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Strong Computer Skills
Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds or more.
- Ability to effectively manage time and branch operations.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Product knowledge of Plumbing, HVAC, and Electrical items is helpful.
When it was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank, The Home Depot began changing consumers’ perspectives about how they could care for and improve their homes. The Company created the “do-it-yourself” concept, spawning an entire industry that now spans the globe.
Today, The Home Depot® is the world's largest home improvement specialty retailer, with more than 2,200 retail stores in the United States (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands), Canada, Mexico and China. The Home Depot’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HD) and is included in the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor's 500 index.
Wells Fargo | Venice, Florida
Spectrum | Bradenton, Florida
Pep Boys | Sarasota, Florida
O'Reilly Automotive | North Port, Florida
O'Reilly Automotive | Plantation, Florida
Zimmer Biomet | Sarasota, Florida
Wells Fargo | Venice, Florida
Pitney Bowes Inc. | Plantation, Florida
Wells Fargo | Bradenton, Florida
Wells Fargo | Plantation, Florida