The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs and to deliver code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions. This includes developing, configuring, or modifying integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. This role facilitates the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
Enterprise Personalization seeking an innovative results-driven Software Engineer to build API's on open source technologies. As a Software engineer, you will be responsible for helping the engineering team to design Micro Service solutions. The role will use open-source, Java, Spring boot, Apache Kafka, NoSQL databases to deploy solutions on Google Cloud Platform that will serve the Core Personalization system with Signals from ML and AI algorithms. This role will require a solid understanding of client-server architecture, data structures, and algorithms to play the role of full-stack engineer.
• Translates business requirements and specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions with occasional guidance from senior colleagues; partners with Product Team to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Develops, configures, or modifies integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages
• Conducts the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT), provides insight into defining test plans, and ensures quality software deployment
• Participates in the end-to-end product lifecycle by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
• Understands Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering fundamentals; knows software architecture and readily applies this to software solutions
• Automates and simplifies team development, test, and operations processes; develops conceptual, logical and physical architectures consisting of one or more viewpoints (business, application, data, and infrastructure) required for business solution delivery
• Solves difficult technical problems; solutions are testable, maintainable, and efficient
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
• 2 years of experience in software development or a related field
• 2 years of experience in database technologies
• 1 year of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
• Master's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 5 years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
• 5 years of experience working with source code control systems
• 4 years of experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment
• 4 years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software
• Experience working with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools
• Understanding of CDN, API Gateway, and Service Mesh
• Understanding of DevOps tools and CI/CD strategies
• Understanding exposure to graph database like Neo4j
• Understanding of test driven development and exposure to mocking frameworks like Mockito
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com .
**About Lowe’s in the Community:**
As a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia (https://twitter.com/LowesMedia) on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Our Military Commitment
At Lowe's, our commitment to recognize, honor, and respect those who serve in our country's military is rooted in our history and informs the decisions we make today:
- Lowe's was founded on the heels of World War II, by veteran Carl Buchan, whose leadership and vision helped us grow from a small hardware store in Wilkesboro, NC, into the FORTUNE 100® company we are today.
- Lowe's is ranked #38 among GI Job's "Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers®".
- Lowe's is part of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP), working with military installation contacts to promote job opportunities to military spouses.
- Lowe's is an Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Partner.
- Lowe's offers extended benefits for employees serving in the military.
We regularly participate in a variety of military-sponsored events and job fairs across the country, looking for more people to join the Lowe's team of military veterans. At more than 14,000 strong, our military veteran employees work in roles across our organization, from management to retail and customer support. And we demonstrate our appreciation for them in many ways, including:
- A 10% discount to all veterans during Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Veterans Day weekends; and a 10% discount every day to all active, reserve, retired and disabled veterans who carry a valid, military-issued photo ID card.
- Regular support for the military and the USO, including recent refurbishments to 16 USO centers across the U.S., to help welcome home our returning troops.
- The Lowe's Employee Giving Campaign, which allows employees to set aside a portion of their paycheck, to benefit the USO and other organizations, which Lowe's will match 50 cents to the dollar.
The military instills leadership, a strong work ethic, and a passion for a job well done. It allows pioneering spirits to demonstrate their commitment to teamwork and problem solving. And these are the traits of a Lowe's employee. As you focus on your post-military career, consider exploring the employment opportunities at Lowe's.