Mechanical Engineering Technologist - (Allan, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world's largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
This position will work within the Mine Maintenance Department and will report to Lead Maintenance Engineer.
What you will do:
- Engineering/technical/controlled document management
- Assist internal and external personnel with access to controlled documents and templates
- Input new drawings into Document Management System (DMS)
- Mechanical/structural 3D model and 2D drawing development
- Create new and modify existing 2D drawings in AutoCAD and 3D models in Inventor
- Take field measurements to confirm drawing information
- Review external vendor drawings
- Gather and analyzing technical data
- Prepare technical records and reports
- Provide direction for field activities for implementation of mechanical and structural systems
- Post-secondary diploma in engineering technology (e.g. Engineering Design and Drafting Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Applied Science Technology, etc.)
- Must be registered or be eligible for registration with SASTT or APEGS
- Strong work ethic
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage a large and varied workload
- Ability to effectively communicate in professional setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (SharePoint, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, etc.) is an asset, but not required
- Proficiency with Inventor and/or AutoCAD is an asset, but not required
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Ability to perform field work / ability to work underground
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran
As the largest producer of potash by capacity and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate, we provide the three key nutrients growers need to produce healthier, more abundant crops. Our retail operations serve growers in seven countries across three continents, with a history that goes back almost 50 years. With 1,500 locations across North America, Australia and South America, and more than 3,300 crop advisors, we are the world's largest direct-to-grower provider of products, services and solutions. Our commitment to innovation and technology, allow us to provide growers with the best products, advice and solutions to maximize yields and improve their bottom line. We operate with a long-term view and are committed to working with our stakeholders as we address our economic, environmental and social priorities. The scale and diversity of our integrated portfolio provides a stable earnings base, multiple avenues for growth and the opportunity to return capital to shareholders, including a stable and growing dividend.
Nutrien | Allan,
Nutrien | Allan,
Nutrien | Allan,
Nutrien | Colonsay,
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc. | Saskatoon,