* Greet customers appropriately. Treat all customers in a courteous manner.
* Ensures all field phlebotomy and PSC specimens are collected accurately and on time.
* Collects specimens according to established procedures. Properly explains in a clear but courteous manner the process of the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen collection (ex. urine or fecal) as required. Reduces patient anxiety by providing a calm environment for patients before, during and after the collection process.
* Disposes of blood or other biohazard fluids or tissue, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, or policies. Disposes of contaminated sharps, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, and policies.
* Completes requisitions accurately.
* Enters patient, specimen, insurance, or billing information into computer. Requires attention to detail to maintain high level of accuracy. Communicate with clients to confirm handwritten orders, verify test(s) ordered, obtain accurate billing information, i.e. diagnosis codes, UPIN information, etc.
* Researches test/client information utilizing lab computer system.
* Matches laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes. Label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test order.
* Package specimens for transport. Stores specimen sample according to required temperature, places samples in appropriate collection container/ tube, accurately labels, follows different procedures as outlined by specific to protocol deemed necessary for transport to maintain integrity of the specimen. Demonstrates proficiency of proper collection methods and proper processing of all specimens.
* Maintains required records and documentation.
* Maintains daily records and all appropriate PSC/IOP Phlebotomy logs.
* Assist with compilation of monthly statistics and data.
* Performs basic clerical duties, i.e. filing, faxing, and preparing mail. The person in this position is required to perform electronic data entry.
* Approves time in attendance software by noon on the Monday following the end of the pay period. Submits accurate expense and travel logs Monday for the week prior or as directed by management.
* Demonstrates organizational commitment.
* Adheres to departmental and company code of grooming and dress code and lab coat policies, appearing neat and clean at all times.
* Utilizes time appropriately. Capable of maintaining fluctuating patient flow.
* Displays courteous and professional behavior to clients, patients, and co-workers. Communicates with co-workers and clients in a way that promotes a harmonious and cooperative working environment.
* Answers the telephone in a friendly and helpful manner, by incorporating the company name, self-identification and a helpful statement.
* Performs duties in independent manner.
* Communicates pertinent information/issues to supervisor, manager or group leader for resolution.
* Contributes to a positive work climate and to the team effort of the department and company.
* Ensures facilities are neat, clean and in good repair, takes appropriate action to advise Group Leader or Supervisor of required repairs and maintenance.
* Assist with periodic inventory counts, report shortages and problems to group leader or supervisor as they occur.
* Utilizes proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to ensure patient and personal safety. Exercises all laboratory safety precautions and adheres to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
* Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry's best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
* Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all Corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies.
* High School Diploma or GED. Equivalent work experience is acceptable if permitted by state and laboratory guidelines.
* Phlebotomist Certification is preferred.
* 1 year of prior job related experience preferred.
Founded in 1965, PathGroup is a premier provider of anatomic, clinical and molecular pathology services, as well as one of the largest providers of women’s health services in the United States. Privately held and physician-centric, PathGroup works seamlessly with customers to provide superior diagnostic services – a vital link in the cycle of patient relationships. PathGroup uses the latest in proprietary and industry standard technology to deliver fast, accurate results. The company provides clients with the highest quality of services available, consistently exceeding the expectations of physicians, employees, payers and most importantly, patients. One Lab; Total Service.. More information about PathGroup can be found at www.pathgroup.com The PathGroup social media sites are produced and maintained as a public forum by PathGroup, Nashville, Tennessee. Links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein. We respect our followers' rights and it is inappropriate to post any patient related information or requests. Should such posts be published, they will be immediately deleted.
Pathgroup | Suwanee, Georgia
Pathgroup | Marietta, Georgia
Pathgroup | Duluth, Georgia
Pathgroup | Atlanta, Georgia
Pathgroup | Atlanta, Georgia
Pathgroup | Canton, Georgia
CVS Health | Norcross, Georgia
CVS Health | Atlanta, Georgia
CVS Health | Marietta, Georgia
CVS Health | Woodstock, Georgia