Responsible for the daily operations of water related activities. Works on water related solutions exercising independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining program results in concert with and at the direction of the Plant Manager.
- Performs daily tasks and work orders involving water treatment operations and maintenance.
- Drinking water program, water sampling program
- Operate and maintain equipment at the treatment facility.
- Performs potable water operations during emergency responses.
- Operation, maintenance and installation of chlorine injection systems.
- Draft the necessary reports.
- Ensures the water treatment plant maintain compliance requirements & applicable regulations.
- Pursue training courses for certifications to comply with the select team members that enhance
- Knowledge of utilities, safety, and management.
- Operates Pretreatment System, to include inspections, testing, and other items to ensure compliance.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and cooperatively with a diverse team of personnel.
- Minimum Qualifications
Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Class C or equivalent certifications, NOCA T1 to maintain operations 24/7,7days/week.
- All applicants for plant operators must be certified by the WQOC within one year of hire.
- In addition, requests for reciprocal certification will be approved by the WQOC on a case-by-case basis.
- Three (3) years' of previous experience in water processing facilities.
- Water Plant (ROWPU), Industrial and Shop environment.
- Work is weighted toward the field environment; however, some work is conducted in an office or shop environment. May walk in rough terrain, sit, talk, listen, and use hands and fingers for job functions. The ability to reach with hands and arms, and the ability to voice communicate is required. The Supervisor must have hand-eye coordination necessary to operate various tools and equipment of the trade, and able to lift at least 50 pounds. The Supervisor must be able to work under adverse conditions including; darkness, wet weather, hot weather, etc., and will be required to supervise work, which is performed primarily outdoors.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.