Amentum has a Security Monitor Manager opening at our Springfield, VA location. The position will administer and assure compliance with security regulations and procedures in accordance with DoD guidelines at a Group or Large Legal Entity Level within the Division. This position will direct and advise all departments regarding security regulations and procedures, and routinely interacts with Government agencies relative to security matters.
This position will provide supervisory oversight to the Security Monitor Team ensuring all Monitor duties are followed in accordance with Amentum policies and procedures; and in addition to the government clients being serviced.
Must have the ability to work Monday through Friday (occasional weekends) schedule between 6 am and 4 pm (hours may vary). Evening/holiday hours possible.
- Plan, coordinate, provide direction and guidance to security staff personnel security services and related functions including the implementation and supervision of programs to ensure maximum utilization within the facility.
- Supervise and train security personnel in the areas of visitor control.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of security equipment, alarms, and access control system.
- Develop, implement and maintain procedures for classified and accredited AIS systems.
- Manage budget for security staff in direct support of classified contact administration.
- Maintains an approved Security Program at the Group or Large Legal Entity Level and is a primary interface with Defense Security Service
- Develop daily schedules to meet daily Monitor requirements.
- Manage time and attendance for Monitor team. Record and report monthly metrics based on Monitor requests.
- Provide verbal and written reports regarding pertinent safety, security, facilities or personnel issues/incidents.
- Be a liaison between management and supervised personnel of Amentum.
- Create and maintain Security Monitor work and leave schedule ensuring all requests have proper coverage and are updated on a daily basis.
- Maintain proper budget and labor requirements per contractual requirements.
- Respond professionally and courteously to all personnel calls, emails and messages in a timely manner.
- Provide proactive thinking and problem solving abilities to resolve and prevent future issues.
- Schedule and manage customer directed requests. Stay abreast of changes/cancellations of vendors.
- Be able to adjust schedule/personnel based on need.
- Coordinate security related tasks in support of conferences, meeting and projects; and being able to coordinate with other personnel for action items as needed.
- Maintain visual contact and proper line of sight with escorted personnel at all times and remain alert and awake at all times.
- Properly sanitize areas prior to escorting uncleared personnel into designated work areas. Work around active construction areas and wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Work in industrial locations (mechanical and electrical rooms, etc.).
- Walk long distances, climb stairs (including stepladders, etc.), sit/stand for long periods of time.
- Wear appropriate work attire which may include a company provided dress uniform.
- Perform all other security related duties as assigned or requested.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or Security and at least three (3) years of of DoD security related experience
- An additional 4 years of IC Security related experience will be accepted in lieu of Associates Degree.
- Must have 2 years of management experience.
- A TS/SCI active security clearance required.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must have or be able to obtain Industrial Security Management Certification.
- Requires operating application software, including word-processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Have the ability to deal with others in a positive manner.
- Position may require travel
- Ability to provide written and verbal incident reports to various customers
- Bachelor's Degree with 3 years of Security Admin related experience.
- Experience managing or leading large security team
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and a fast -paced work environment.
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
Our leading technologies and repeatable processes are delivered by experts with a record of optimizing the quality and cost-effectiveness of support. Using tools such as our Facility Asset Management & Operations Services (FAMOS™) model, we integrate diverse operational elements into a single, unified approach providing control and visibility. This allows us to increase operational readiness and extend the life of critical facilities and equipment.
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
- Equipment O&M/Asset Management
- Facility O&M and Range Support
- Global Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- IT/Network Support
- Satellite Communications
- Unmanned Systems
Amentum | Springfield, Virginia
Amentum | Manassas, Virginia
Amentum | Chantilly, Virginia
Mantech International Corporation | Arlington, Virginia
Mantech International Corporation | Arlington, Virginia