Clean Harbors Mitchell, IL is looking for Field Laborers to join their safety conscious team! Field Laborers are responsible for the performance of tasks associated with hazardous waste clean-up, site-remediation, equipment decontamination and handling of hazardous materials.
Responsibilities of this role include confined space entry, working at heights and working alongside various types of equipment. This is a physically intensive.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Pay for you to obtain your CDL;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career!
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Performs tasks associated with hydro blasting (including automated equipment);
- Performs labor intensive activities in all weather conditions throughout the shift;
- Works in atmospheres with low clearances, confined spaces and at heights;
- Operates light and heavy equipment including: skid steers, forklifts, pressure washers;
- Wears a respirator as needed.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Six months of labor experience;
- Valid driver license is required;
- Safety oriented mindset with the determination to follow all procedures and policies;
- Ability to travel overnight up to 3 weeks at a time and work on an on-call basis;
- Willingness to shave and wear a respirator as needed;
- Willingness and ability to work outside in all types of weather doing physically demanding work;
- Ability to work well in a team environment is critical.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services and largest hazardous waste disposal company in North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. The Company provides a broad range of hazardous material management and disposal services including the collection, packaging, transportation, recycling, treatment and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste. It also provides a wide variety of environmental cleanup services on customer sites or other locations on a scheduled or emergency response basis. The Company provides industrial and specialty services, such as high-pressure and chemical cleaning, pigging and decoking, material processing and industrial lodging services to refineries, chemical plants, pulp and paper mills, and other industrial facilities. It also provides exploration, surface rentals, solids control, and environmental services to the energy sector serving oil and gas exploration, production, and power generation. Safety-Kleen, a subsidiary of Clean Harbors, provides used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental solutions company for small quantity waste generators supported by the world's largest re-refining capabilities to convert used oil into base and blended lube oils.
Clean Harbors & Safety-Kleen | Roxana, Illinois
Clean Harbors & Safety-Kleen | St. Louis, Missouri
CentiMark | St Louis, Missouri
CentiMark | St Louis, Missouri
Koch Industries | East Alton, Illinois
Wiese USA | Edwardsville, Illinois
Univar Solutions | St. Louis, Missouri
Herc - Missouri | Bridgeton, Missouri
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc. | Belleville, Illinois
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc. | St Louis, Missouri