Department: RALDC Logistics
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Supervisor
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Perform a wide variety of repairs, maintenance, installations, replacements, preventative maintenance and diagnostic tasks for various makes and models of trucks in an efficient, timely, accurate, professional and safe manner in accordance with all Company polices DOT, OSHA and other governmental standards and regulations. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Repair or rebuild all or part of equipment to include foundation brakes, air systems, ABS, suspensions, electrical and electronic diagnostics, lights, engine and powertrain.
- Access any area of the equipment to perform necessary maintenance (including: inspect and perform work in, on or under parts of truck).
- Ability to achieve objectives under a tight daily schedule.
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation
- Complete computer based work orders with accurate repair descriptions of the work performed and insure parts used are charged to the work order.
- Basic welding skills such as Oxy/Acetylene, ARC
- Follow Ralph's policy and procedures in making all repairs.
- Apply knowledge and work in accordance with DOT, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Interstate Authority, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other rules and regulations as required
- Responsible for shop cleanliness, safety and compliance.
- Maintain knowledge and proficiency on equipment and technologies that enhance Ralph's productivity.
- Participate in company and/or vendor training programs
- Mobile road side repairs as required.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Prompt daily attendance at assigned work location.
- Safely walk & stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery (including working outdoors in inclement weather).
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally).
- Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse population.
- Must supply own mechanic hand tools through ¾" required for truck repairs.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or equivalent.
- Technical training in mechanics, engine repair, powertrain, air brake systems, welding.
- 2 years previous truck repair and maintenance experience.
- Experience with Freightliner trucks, DD13 engines, DDDL and Service Link diagnostics.
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: Trade School Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Keywords: Diesal Truck Mechanic, Tractor Trailer Mechanic, Truck Mechanic
The Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) is one of the world's largest grocery retailers, with fiscal 2012 sales of $96.8 billion. The Kroger Co. Family of Stores spans many states with store formats that include grocery and multi-department stores, discount, convenience stores and jewelry stores. We operate under nearly two dozen banners, all of which share the same belief in building strong local ties and brand loyalty with our customers.
Penske Truck Leasing | Fontana, California
FedEx Ground | Bloomington, California
FedEx Ground | Montclair, California
Pep Boys | Rancho Cucamonga, California
Pep Boys | Montclair, California