Qualification: BE/ B.Tech (Mechanical Engg.) / ME/ M.Tech with any Mechanical Engg related specialization.
From the field of product design & development preferably from semiconductor, SPM, automation, vacuum and health care industry. Who has worked on NPIs, systems engineering projects whose role predominantly was in mechanical engineering design, Mechatronics exposure, Testing and validation.
6-10 years- Mechanical Design Engineers
Job Role expectations:
- Responsible for the design and development of mechanical subsystems and assemblies that belongs to the master bom of the complete system according to fit, form and functional requirements.
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities.
- Extend capability for design of tool and fixtures, if any, to enable the handling, assembly /disassembly of components and sub-assemblies.
- Excellent knowledge of conventional and non-conventional manufacturing processes.
- Sound knowledge of DFx, and Should costing
- Work with cross functional teams for extended design role for simulation requirements. Able to interpret simulation data and provide valuable solutions for further optimizations.
- Provide engineering support to optimize mechanical engineering layouts or schematics according to customer fab utility requirements and specifications.
- Generate related production drawings and BOM list for product release.
- Responsible for continuous improvement - Coordinate with cross regional teams to identify and record the difficulties faced. Troubleshoot a variety of mechanical problems of moderate to complex difficultly under general supervision.
- Prepare test plans for components as and when needed. Participate whenever necessary.
- Participate in assembly build support and guide field engineers for the right approach. Travel to customer place would be necessary during builds.
- Requires strong skills in product technology, analytical problem solving, and communication skills.
- Requires mechanical design experience that involves static structures, (and /or) dynamic parts or assemblies, (and /or) usage of pneumatic elements.
- Requires proficiency in selection of materials and OEM components for functional requirement and adopt engineering principles and technologies during equipment/ machine constructions
- Requires working knowledge of GD&T applications based on requirements.
- Requires experience of engineering change managements, analyze and trouble shoot to problems occurred.
- Requires working experience on CAD tools like Inventor/Pro-E/Creo/NX and intralink to perform Job function.
- Knowledgeable on ERP products like SAP /Oracle for materials management.
- Knowledgeable on vacuum technology.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering would be nice to have.
Years of Experience:
2 - 4 Years
Yes, 20% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A global leader in the nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry, Applied Materials is built on the strength of talented people. We offer a wide variety of job opportunities for experienced professionals and recent college students/graduates that will capitalize on your current skills while broadening your experience and engaging you in a dynamic, fast-changing industry.
Here, you will work in community to achieve a common goal and encounter exciting new challenges every day. Our company is continually evolving: implementing innovations to make semiconductors more portable, powerful, and affordable than ever before.
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paternity Leave
- Custom Work Station
- Disability Insurance
- Gym/ Wellness Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Maternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Leave
- On Site Gym/ Fitness Classes, Clinic (Site Dependent)
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Applied Materials job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on Applied Materials' career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on the career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Applied Materials reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!