Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Registered Nurse ER you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Memorial Health Meadows Hospital, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Memorial Health Meadows Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse in the Emergency Room, you are responsible to triage, assess and treat patients of all ages presenting for emergency care. We provide timely, compassionate care for patients with emergency and life-threatening conditions. Our range of services include everything from broken bone care to heart attack and stroke treatment. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other. We are seeking a RN that has the same passion for patient care as we do.
What you will do in this role:
- You will document pertinent nursing notes to reflect: change in condition, transfer and discharge
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
- You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed)
- You will be responsible for efficient throughput to include understanding and knowledge of all care zones such as triage, rapid treatment area, carepath, pediatric ER, trauma, behavioral health, etc.
- You coordinate and triage incoming ambulance traffic
- You manage care with primary ED attending
- You are responsible for learning, understanding and use of the Emergency Severity Index 5-level triage algorithm
- You are responsible for responding to critical needs as well as serve as a resource nurse for trauma
- You will demonstrate the ability to manage critical situations and make care based decisions.
- You will educate patients regarding their medications, procedure and treatments, providing patients and their families with support throughout their stay.
What qualifications you will need:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of hire/transfer date
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross - PALS and ACLS
- 1 Year Experience Required
Memorial Health Meadows Hospital is a regional health system featuring a state-of-the-art hospital, cancer center and a network of physician practices that serve Vidalia, Ga. and the surrounding communities. Meadows Health includes the only nationally accredited hospital in Montgomery, Toombs, Treutlen and Tattnall counties. The center offers the latest in medical advancements including cutting-edge cancer care, life-saving heart attack procedures, women’s services, wound care, orthopedic medicine and more.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse ER opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.