DescriptionSHIFT: Weekends Only
Methodist ER Helotes
CT Scan Technician
CT Scan Department / Clinical Technicians
Part Time, Weekends Only (7p-7a) - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our CT Scan Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a CT Scan Technician to join our team who performs diagnostic procedures to include 3-D acquisitions, reconstructions’ biopsy and drainage exams utilizing a CT scanner and imaging equipment using the principles of computerized tomography. He/she is responsible for exam data entry within the Radiology Information System. Additional duties include charging/ordering supplies for quality control in the CT area; conducts quality control of assigned individual scans and assists in training new technologists/students. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
1. Demonstrates competency in all areas of computerized tomography (CT), positioning, procedure preparation, and technical factors associated with the CT Systems. Will display knowledge in the use of all other equipment used in CT Scan such as: power injectors, stereotactic biopsy equipment, biopsy and drainage needles and devices, and any other devices/equipment used in CT.
2. Responsible for the proper use of the Radiology Imaging System, Meditech (scheduling exams, patient tracking, Image tracking, proper completion of exams, capture charges).
3. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
4. Will follow safety policies and procedures applicable to the job, recognizes impending crisis situations and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications and makes a report to their supervisor.
5. Maintains cleanliness and inventory of the CT rooms to include equipment and facilities. Will follow proper disinfection techniques, restocks supplies as necessary, carts or work area will be cleaned and stocked at the completion of each shift.
6. Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instructions from supervisors or team lead, to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, patients, vendors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
• Associates of Science or above in Radiologic Technology or completion of an approved program in Radiologic Technology.
Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Medical Board.
2. Must have ARRT (R) at time of hire.
3. Must have or eligible to test and be ARRT (CT) within 6 months of hire.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist ER Helotes is opening Spring 2021 to serve the Far Northwest and surrounding areas with our 24/7 freestanding emergency center. This 7,029 square foot facility includes 7 all-private treatment rooms and a full range of services such as radiology, a full-service laboratory and telemetry. We offer the benefit of immediate intervention for emergencies where treatment time is critical, including 24-hour monitoring and testing of patients, such as chest pain cases. Our compassionate team of medical professionals work to stabilize critical patients and transport, should they need hospitalization, to a Methodist hospital in San Antonio. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist ER Helotes under Locations, Emergency Rooms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.