Under the supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor and/or Warehouse Manager, provides furnishings Management for of all furnishings operations and performs Global Combat Support System – Army (GCSS-Army) data inputs to prepare and update sub-hand receipts. As a lead of the Army Billeting Furnishings Office/Warehouse, coordinates, directs and supports the day-to-day activities of the furnishing office/Warehouse support areas under the direction of the Supervisor and the Manager. Lead custodian for all furnishings hand-receipt transactions, delivery and pick up appointments, 10% cyclic and 100% semi-annual inventories, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Turn-in and landfill disposal of unserviceable items, and management of 3,500 square meters of warehouse storage space and all MILVAN containers for the Billeting Office of over 22,000 items valued in excess of 1 million dollars.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Oversees the operational performance of the furnishing’s management for Billeting in accordance with Amy Regulation 710-2, and AR 735-5.
- Utilize Common Access Card (CAC) to enter and perform inputs in the GCSS-Army database system.
- Oversees the input of data by other Billeting Staff in the GCSS-Army system to manage all billet hand receipts and over 22,000 separate items
- Conducts 10% cyclic inventories; records/verifies serial numbers, model & quantity of given items; advises the Furnishings Supervisor of float stock shortages for reorder.
- Reviews work in progress to ensure accurate results and to assess quality and quantity produced by employees.
- Manages approximately 3,500 square meters of warehouse storage space, conducts and records daily/weekly inventories of serial numbered items located in the warehouse.
- Prepares, issues, receives, conducts turn-in/pick up from post laundry, and maintains accountability of all linen for Transient billets.
- Prepares documents for turn-in and conducts turn-in of items needing repair or unserviceable/excess furnishing items to CPC, FMS-A, DLA, and Landfill disposal.
- Oversee all furnishing vehicle operators in the daily and weekly inspections of all vehicles and equipment assigned to Furnishings. Reports any unreported vehicle damage immediately to the Supervisor and Manager.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual, annual reports and trackers related to Billeting Furnishing (and Billeting Key room).
- Assists the Billeting Primary Installation Hand Receipt Holder in conducting market surveys out on the economy.
- Transport furniture from the warehouse to different locations in Camp and to different installations.
- Answers walk-in customer and customer phone inquiries related to Billeting, or Furnishings issues.
- Provides input to Supervisor on work schedules and/or sequence of operations in order to assure even distribution of work and meeting of deadlines.
- Assists the Supervisor in the development, counseling, and training of employees; coordinates with the Billeting Supervisor for additional resources required to accomplish mission.
- Assists the Key room with issuing and receiving permanent and temporary keys, records, conducting key inventories, and preparing statement of charges for lost keys IAW ARIMS, AR 190-51, and AR 735-5.
- Assists with and prepares for inspections and responds to Contracting Officer Representative (COR) and Billeting NCOIC requests through the Supervisor and the Manager.
- Establishes and continually enforces a positive safety culture throughout the Billeting operations.
- Insures staff compliance with the Billeting Performance Work Statement (PWS), and the Vectrus Policies and Standard Practices (P&SP’s).
- Adjusts schedule as necessary (subject to swing shift) to assist other sections in the Billeting Branch or CSD, when short staffed or when mission surge occurs.
- Must be willing to work on holidays, short notices, all shifts, overtime and assigned to any Billeting location in host nation. Vacation scheduling will also be dictated by mission requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High School diploma is required
- Completion of Online training in GCSS-Army and a Certificate of Training on GCSS-Army Unit Supply is preferred
- Safeguards need-to-know information regarding Army property
- Must be CAC eligible and/or able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a U. S. Government Motor Vehicle Operator’s License
- Approximately 3 years of similar civilian or military customer service experience. Preference to candidates with strong logistic experience familiar with US Army or DPW supply operations.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the furnishings management including all facets of the military in and out-processing.
- Must have working experience of the inventory and rotation operations.
- Working knowledge of Army property and Warehouse Operations IAW AR 420-1, AR 735-5, and AR 710-2.
- Must also be fluent in spoken and written English. Must have a good command of military rank structure. Preferably familiar with related US Army regulation and pamphlets.
- Must be proficient in intermediate level MS Office software applications such as Word, Excel, Access and Power point.
- Must be flexible and have excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to recognize and quickly resolve customer issues, lead furnishings personnel, and work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at any given time.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership and influencing skills.
- Will have direct oversight of Warehouse Specialists and Supply Technicians (Furnishing).
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.