Purpose and Scope:
Under limited supervision by a Lead Systems Administrator / Operations Manager or other unit manager, installs, configures, and troubleshoots computer systems and associated assemblies and provides technical assistance and training to system users.
Essential duties include:
· Serves as shift lead for configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and analysis of data processing equipment.
Performs basic configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, analysis and repair of Desktop and Server systems, Disaster Recovery Systems, switches, networks, video systems.
· Performs help desk, system administration,
· Prioritizes work center organization, equipment, and processes based on performance requirements and mission needs.
· Reviews problem reports, assists with root cause analysis, and implements configuration and process changes.
· Provides technical support to systems upgrades and configuration changes.
· Assists in implementing software and firmware/hardware updates. Leads complex troubleshooting efforts.
· Maintains knowledge of operations procedures and supporting documentation, and leads their development.
· Ensures technical support is available for system administrators and maintainers in execution of administration and maintenance tasks.
· Uses IT service management system and ensures Information Assurance requirements are met.
· Provides Client System Administrator (CSA) duties for specific mission systems that require specialized support.
· Ensures Information Assurance requirements are met.
· Executes training and mentoring programs and practices.
· Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
· Will perform 12 hour shift work, M-Sun, Weekends and Holidays
· PWS is for 24/7/365 continual performace
Possess 5 years' experience that includes 1 year basic network and database administration and 2 years in a DoD operational C4ISR program augmented by ongoing academic/technical training and/or certification programs specific to the work unit hardware/software tools. .MUST possess Comp TIA Security+ Certification. Trained in information assurance to DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II. Possess demonstrated skills, knowledge, and technical competence in the management of operating systems, networks and relational databases, both hardware and software. This must include network topology, standards, and protocols. Must be experienced in the creation and maintenance of servers and workstations in both stand-alone and networked environments. Must possess a good understanding of network software (TCP/IP, etc.) as well as relational database software. Must have expert level SA knowledge of USAF DoD AFECEMO SDCs, Windows 10 Pro / Enterprise as well as Windows Server 2016/19 administration. Prefer MSCA Windows 10 and/or latest MCA from Microsoft. Must display a thorough awareness of security concerns for both operating systems and databases. Must possess and maintain a DoD TS/SCI government security clearance and possess a current state issued driver's license.
Associates Degree is preferred in a related discipline augmented by ongoing academic/technical training and/or certification programs specific to the work unit hardware/software tools.
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
Our leading technologies and repeatable processes are delivered by experts with a record of optimizing the quality and cost-effectiveness of support. Using tools such as our Facility Asset Management & Operations Services (FAMOS™) model, we integrate diverse operational elements into a single, unified approach providing control and visibility. This allows us to increase operational readiness and extend the life of critical facilities and equipment.
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
- Equipment O&M/Asset Management
- Facility O&M and Range Support
- Global Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- IT/Network Support
- Satellite Communications
- Unmanned Systems