Clean Harbors is looking for a Professional Driver- Owner Operator to join their Dry Van fleet, with a route between Cincinnati, OH to El Dorado, AR. As an Owner Operator partner, you will be responsible for the safe transport of hazardous waste from a generator/facility to a Clean Harbors facility, adhering to DOT and hazardous waste regulations. Drivers who can be out for longer periods of time can be routed across our network to make sure you stay loaded and are making money.
Why work with Clean Harbors?
You Can Expect:
- OTR or Regional lanes;
- Home weekly or biweekly based on area;
- No touch freight for van loads;
- Light-duty work for tanker loads;
- Steady work, consistent lanes.
A Snapshot of What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- Weekly settlements
- $7,500 signing bonus
- $4,000 paid training
- Paid permits
- Paid scale tickets
- Company supplied trailers with no fee
- Company supplied toll transponders
- Company supplied fuel cards
- Company supplied training
- Company cellphone provided
- Company supplied plates
- Immediate detention pay
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Operates Class A 53’ dry vans. Adheres to weight limits and ensure proper utilization of Company equipment;
- Placards vehicles to meet Company and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements/regulations;
- Complies with Company policies & procedures and Health & Safety procedures, Department of Transportation (DOT), Hazardous Materials/Waste (HAZMAT) and RCRA requirements/regulations;
- Communicates regularly with Coordinators regarding daily time and demurrage;
- Maintains daily logs, time sheets, expense reports, dispatch and trip reports as well as vehicle inspection reports.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Must have your own truck, required;
- Class A CDL required; Hazmat and tanker endorsements, or willingness to obtain upon hire, required;
- 1+ years of previous OTR driving experience is a preferred;
- Previous experience transporting hazardous waste is an asset;
- Previous experience using handheld computer devices.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today!
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-323-7483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services and largest hazardous waste disposal company in North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. The Company provides a broad range of hazardous material management and disposal services including the collection, packaging, transportation, recycling, treatment and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste. It also provides a wide variety of environmental cleanup services on customer sites or other locations on a scheduled or emergency response basis. The Company provides industrial and specialty services, such as high-pressure and chemical cleaning, pigging and decoking, material processing and industrial lodging services to refineries, chemical plants, pulp and paper mills, and other industrial facilities. It also provides exploration, surface rentals, solids control, and environmental services to the energy sector serving oil and gas exploration, production, and power generation. Safety-Kleen, a subsidiary of Clean Harbors, provides used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental solutions company for small quantity waste generators supported by the world's largest re-refining capabilities to convert used oil into base and blended lube oils.