Sentient Energy (www.sentient-energy.com), a subsidiary of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES), has established itself as an electric utility industry leader with its uniquely capable “Grid Analytics System”, consisting of several intelligent sensor product lines and software packages, that expand the visibility into critical operating conditions on the electric power grid. Global utilities already spend billions annually on distribution automation products, with strong growth expected over the next 5 years as the industry prepares for a rapid increase in electric vehicles and renewables penetration. Sentient Energy is positioned to capitalize on this trend and be a leader in the most rapidly growing sector of the Smart Grid, while making the delivery of power more reliable, safer, lower cost, and much “greener”.
Sentient Energy is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team! As a member of the Sentient Energy product team, you will be the owner of our next-generation advanced analytic applications. You will work with major utilities to solve real-world problems like vegetation incursion into power lines, aging equipment, and much more!
In this role, you will be the owner of several customer partnerships while interfacing with our engineering and sales teams and managing commercialization of analytics solution simultaneously. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for solving customer problems alongside the engineers. This candidate will lead strong teams to ambitious goals, can prioritize and quantify the value of different features, have a self-motivated attitude to get things accomplished, and will be skilled in translating technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Own the creation, delivery, and success of the company’s grid analytics solutions
- Work closely with customers and sales to understand needs and preferences; with engineering to define and deliver products & solutions to end-users; with top management to determine product and solution strategy to meet and exceed the company’s strategic objectives
- Develop and maintain competitive benchmarking & strategy
- Evaluate third-party companies and solutions and drive build/buy/partner decisions
- Create strategic product roadmaps and work with cross-functional teams (ex: Hardware, Firmware, Software)
- Develop product & solution marketing material, brochures, launches, presentations, whitepapers, webinars
- Help leading utilities serve communities better, cheaper, and safer by saving power, cost, and resources
The Experience You Will Bring
- 4+ years of experience as a Product Manager in the energy or utility industry
- Experience with project management, product positioning, managing full product lifecycles, pricing, and creating business plans
- Indirect or direct exposure with utility and/or electric operations systems: including electric power systems, distribution automation, and/or distributed control systems and communications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
- Degree in EE; Master’s degree or MBA
- Experience working in electric utilities
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 60,000 people. They have invested about $45 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures since 2003 to make life better around the world by efficiently converting resources into products and services that people depend on every day.
Our major industries include refining, chemicals and biofuels; process and pollution control equipment and technologies; minerals; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; commodity trading and services; forest and consumer products; and ranching.
Since 1960, the value of the Standard & Poor's 500 grew 100-fold (assuming the reinvestment of dividends). During that same period, the value of Koch Industries grew nearly 3,500-fold (using the same assumptions). The growth of Koch companies has been achieved both through acquisitions and through expansion and broadening of existing businesses. Contributing to the company’s continued growth is the shareholders’ long-time policy of reinvesting 90 percent of earnings.
We have long been committed to creating real, sustainable value for all of society. For decades, Koch companies have supported education and social progress. These philanthropic efforts include support for educational institutions, foundations and programs that study and promote market-based solutions to societal challenge. Koch also works to protect, conserve and enhance natural resources; Koch companies around the world have earned more than 550 awards for safety, environmental excellence, community stewardship, innovation and customer service since January 2009.
Koch Industries | Santa Clara, California
Koch Industries | Santa Clara, California
Eaton | Santa Clara, California
Eaton | Pleasanton, California
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory | Livermore, California
Accenture | San Jose, California
Accenture | Walnut Creek, California
Accenture | Pleasanton, California
Accenture | Redwood City, California
San Jose State University | San Jose, California