Under the supervision of the Material Control Supervisor, the Sr Material Control Specialist supervises and leads a team in receiving, storing, inventorying, and issuing Government Materiel’s/Property and compile stock records using the Maximo computer system and/or other systems as required. Operate Materiel Handling Equipment if required to move product as required. Analyzes and select the correct process for material transactions.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Lead a team to accomplish provided tasks to standard.
- Count, sort incoming materiel to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoices.
- Examine stock to verify quantity or conformance to specifications. Store materiel in bins, on the floor, on shelves, or in containers according to identifying information
- Fill orders or issue supplies from stock. Prepare periodic, special, or perpetual inventory record of stock in multiple locations.
- Compile reports on flow of stock, adjustments of inventory, counts, and stock records, damage, or shelf life adjustments, location changes, and denial of shipments.
- Routinely use procurement documents for Inventory, Receipts, Issues, and others as required by the Performance Work Statement.
- Mark identifying codes, figures, or letters on articles, using labeling equipment
- Make adjustments to inventory/location of stored stock. May determine methods of storage, identification, and stock location, considering temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities, and required space.
- Move or transports materiel or supplies to other departments, using Pallet Jack, Forklift or industrial truck.
- Responsible for Physical Security of Sensitive and Pilferable Items and ensure they are stored in accordance with all Army Regulations and local policy.
- Maintain inventory and other stock records, using computer terminal. Designated according to materiel, equipment, or product stored, i.e. Retail or wholesale items.
- Receive, store, and sort unserviceable equipment and supplies for disposal.
- Prepare, read and analyze records and reports necessary to execute actions routinely.
OCN Qualifications/Experience Requirements:
- 3 years of experience in logistics and warehousing
- 1-year leadership experience
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluently
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at any given time.
- Customer service training
- Material Handling Equipment (Forklift Operation, Pallet Jack, Hand Truck)
- Microsoft Office, with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Supervisory Training
- Ability to deliver training on his/her area of expertise to the lowest level
- Strong analytical skills
- WMS experience with Maximo, SAP, Oracle or similar systems
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.