Provide postal support in the areas of postal finance and delivery, customer service, receipt, process, and dispatch bulk volume of mail totaling approximately over two million kilograms for joint U.S. military and foreign military coalition forces, civilian DoD and contractors in Kuwait.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Safeguard all mail.
- Loads/unloads mail trucks. Process all Pro-grade and Retro-grade mail at APO’s and JMMT. Verify mail pieces on incoming mail manifest. Prepare outgoing mail manifest.
- Separate accountable mail from ordinary mail.
- If x-ray machine is available, randomly X-ray selected mailbags and parcels, and suspicious mail for incendiary explosive devices and other prohibited items, notify supervisor.
- Open worker mailbags and letter trays, and sort mail by authorized APOs or assigned units. In process all service mail i.e. insured, certified on a postal required delivery form.
- Conduct unit mail call at prescribed time and provide the necessary customer assistance to the unit mail clerks.
- Distribute incoming mail to authorized unit mail clerks and ensure unit mail clerk sign for custody of service mail i.e. insured, certified, except Registered mail. Receipt from the unit mail clerks re-direct all mis-sent mail for forwarding to correct location.
- Separate and re-wrap mail parcel received in damaged condition and re-seal envelopes received in opened condition. Endorse the damaged or unopened mail.
- Perform directory service function on mail and use the Standard Pouching and Routing Instructions (SPRINT) and Consolidated Air Massing and Labeling Scheme (CAMALS) charts to forward mail to appropriate locations.
- Perform Postal Supply functions, manage stocks, inventory, ordering, and receiving for assigned postal facility.
- Retrieve outgoing mail from USPS mail drop-boxes located throughout assigned areas of the base installation. Date stamp and consolidate all mail in letter tray or flat basket for dispatch.
- Receipt outgoing official mail from the base installation official mail section.
- Operate or learn to operate Point of Sales system to provide postal finance services to authorized patrons.
- Provide customer services to authorized patrons, explaining available postal services.
- Perform Parcel Inspection functions, inspect patron’s parcel/letter prior to entering the postal system; ensuring every article are free of Non-mailable items prescribed by the Military.
- Perform closeout procedures of pouching and tagging all outgoing mailbags and OSP for dispatch to the assorted APO camps, U.S., European, or intra-theater gateways.
- Ensure slide label is date stamped and appropriate gateway fly tag is on OSP and mailbag. Annotate weight of all outgoing mail and record the each weight on the outgoing mail manifest worksheet.
- Process required mail manifest to dispatch the mail to the APO camps, JMMT, or Mail Control Activity (MCA) personnel at the local international airport. Daily record total volume and weight on mail dispatch log.
- Ensure mail truck staged overnight is secured using a lock and seal; record the seal number for new day confirmation to ensure mail was not compromised.
- Load outgoing mail on pallet, airline shipping cage and igloo, and mail truck. Prepare required mail manifest to relinquish custody of the mail for dispatch from the JMMT.
- Maintain high security of postal facility at all times, ensuring unauthorized personnel requiring access in the operations area are escorted to all areas in the facility.
- Performs additional duties approved and required by the company (i.e. safety representative, fire warden, etc.)
- Performs general housekeeping and custodial services in the JMMT or APO.
- Performs other related tasks as directed. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum requires completion of high school or GED equivalent.
- Military postal (school or on-the-job training), USPS training, commercial cargo shipping, parcel handling/warehousing, and/or mail room distribution training are preferred.
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very
- adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Medium to Heavy Work Exerting up to 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 to 20 pounds of force
- constantly to move objects. Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential
- could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE
- includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.