Position Type: Full time
Employee Type: Non-Exempt
Supports the FedEx Ground Facility electro-mechanical maintenance effort through advanced in-depth mechanical power transmission and/or fabrication and/or electrical knowledge of machinery and equipment by completing preventive, predictive and diagnostic maintenance and repair on some or all of the following: motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, production machines and/or electrical machines and equipment and control systems. Should have the ability to follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, engineering specifications and troubleshoot malfunctions. May elevate troubleshooting results to Engineer or manager. Advanced mechanical and/or electrical and/or production/process control troubleshooting abilities along with the ability to read schematics and diagnose and address complex problems with basic maintenance project leadership and quality science will be required.
• Works independently to perform assigned complex preventative maintenance work ensuring the highest quality of work and that each step is fully executed according to FedEx Ground standards. • Responds promptly to sort calls while ensuring accurate diagnoses of the failure; organizes materials and personnel needed for timely repair. • Possesses a combination of advanced, in-depth experience in: Mechanical – power transmission and/or fabrication with basic commercial/industrial electrical OR Commercial/industrial electrical with basic mechanical – power transmission and/or fabrication OR Production or process machinery with advanced mechanical and/or commercial/industrial electrical experience • Process control troubleshooting techniques to diagnose and repair a advanced mechanical, electrical and control system problems • Possesses basic knowledge of mechanical design of powered conveyor systems or production or process machinery • Possesses demonstrated experience in quality-related tools to identify, implement and evaluate equipment and/or maintenance process improvements • Assists management in identifying projects and outlining tasks • Capable of assuming basic project/ process management responsibilities as delegated by manager • Performs and mentors lower level technicians in advanced and complex proper preventative maintenance techniques; diagnoses and repairs all material handling, system and sortation equipment. • Uses the CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) to enter and retrieve activity log information and reports, inventory parts, create purchase requisitions, create work orders, open, assign and close scheduled work orders. • Understands sort operations from the control room operator point of view and uses this understanding to: a) Assist sort control in making good sort decisions b) Evaluate the sort system equipment efficiency • Oversees and performs sortation system equipment efficiency and operations tests; evaluates and communicates results. • Demonstrates and adheres to safety standards by promoting a safe work environment through attending safety committees, training, and verifying all safety concerns are addressed. • May be required to work flexible schedules, including Saturdays and Sundays, and on rotating shift assignments including day-time, midnight and sunrise schedule NONESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS • Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED; Associate’s degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or maintenance engineering technology preferred.
Eight (8) years (or 6 years with preferred degree) of progressive light industrial maintenance experience including: • Advanced in-depth understanding of mechanical power transmission and/or fabrication with basic commercial/industrial electrical experience OR • Advanced in-depth commercial/industrial electrical experience with basic mechanical power transmission and/or fabrication experience OR • Advanced in-depth production or process machinery experience with basic mechanical and/or commercial/industrial experience AND • Demonstrated ability to develop and implement Quality (QDM) - driven equipment and/or process improvements • One (1) year demonstrated experience leading maintenance-related project teams • Eight (8) years (or six (6) with degree) related military technical experience in electrical and/or mechanical trades will be considered equivalent to the minimum light industrial experience requirements.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications. • Ability to follow detailed instruction to complete routine procedures and operate standard equipment. • Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management. • Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals. • Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions. • Ability to mentor, coach and act as a knowledge resource to other employees. • In depth knowledge of mechanical design, layout, fabrication and repair practices as they apply to power transmission and conveyor belt applications.(Required) • In depth knowledge of motors and motor control methods.(Required) • Advanced skills in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting techniques. • Ability to troubleshoot PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) • Expertise in troubleshooting and repairing the scanner system. • Ability to read and create electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams. • Ability to work with minimum supervision. • Advanced mechanical and electrical troubleshooting abilities • Mentors and guides other technicians to diagnose and address more complex problems% of Travel for the Position: 0%-25%
Address: 4901 Village Creek Road
City: Fort Worth
Zip Code: 76119
Domicile Location: FXG-US/USA/P760/Fort Worth Hub
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Maintenance
FedEx Ground, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., and is a leader in cost-effective package ground shipping, offering dependable service to businesses and residential customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Through 95,000 employees, more than 600 distribution hubs and local pickup-and-delivery stations, and 61,000 motorized vehicles operated by 5,700 locally-owned small businesses, FedEx Ground transports more than 8.3 million packages daily. The company reported annual revenue of $18.4 billion in fiscal year 2018.
Founded in 1985 as RPS; rebranded as FedEx Ground in 2000.
President and CEO Henry J. Maier
$18.4 billion fiscal year 2018
More than 95,000 team members
Average Daily Volume
More than 8 million packages
Service throughout the United States and Canada
More than 60,000 motorized vehicles
- 32 ground hubs and over 500 pickup/delivery stations
- 25 FedEx SmartPost distribution centers
- 37 Hubs
- 31 FedEx SmartPost Distribution
- >550 Pickup/Delivery stations
- 635 FedEx World Service Locations
- 1,850 FedEx Office Locations
- 6,500 FedEx Authorized ShipCenter (FASC) and Third-Party Retail Locations
- 8,250 FedEx Onsite Locations and FedEx Ship&Get Lockers
- Fortune's -World's Admirable Companies
- Fortune -100 Best Companies to Work For
- Fortune -One of the 10 Best Workplaces for African Americans
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council -One of America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises
- Fortune Magazine -World's Most Valuable Brands
- Reputation Institute -100 Most Reputable Companies in the World
1-800-Go-FedEx® (1-800-463-3339) or customer support at fedex.com
FedEx Ground: U.S.
FedEx Ground provides 100-percent coverage to every business address in the United States, with small-package delivery in one to five business days in the continental U.S. and in three to seven business days to Alaska and Hawaii.
FedEx Ground | Fort Worth, Texas
Honeywell | Dallas, Texas
James Hardie | Cleburne, Texas
LafargeHolcim | Alvarado, Texas
LafargeHolcim | Fort Worth, Texas
FedEx Ground | Fort Worth, Texas
Kroger | Keller, Texas
Cintas Corporation | Fort Worth, Texas
PepsiCo | Arlington, Texas
Trinity River Authority of Texas | Dallas, Texas