Reports to the Custodian Supervisor and is responsible for the leadership of the custodian staff. Performs general cleaning and sanitation, floor maintenance, set-ups/moving projects, and miscellaneous duties as required. Completes/provides checklist documentation for all tasks of the custodian staff to the Facility Maintenance Lead. Is detail-/result-oriented and requires organizational skills. Multitasks and demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills. Self starter with the ability to work as a team leader on a time scale. Understands cleaning techniques and safety procedures.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company
- Ensures that all assigned areas are cleaned in accordance with PWS and industry standard
- Monitors the work of staff responsible for providing custodial services related to the care, maintenance and cleaning of assigned buildings and facilities
- Facilitates planning, coordinating, directing and controlling activities performed by custodial and landscaping personnel
- Performs inventory control and transports supplies to various work sites; monitor the use and care of the supplies and equipment
- Performs routine inspections of assigned areas and evaluates the work of employees against established standards
- Directs or performs a variety of tasks which may include, but is not limited to, moving or setting up furniture, sand removal, sweeping walkways, bathroom checks, waxing floors, and other miscellaneous cleanup
- Maintain adequate supplies in utility closets and custodial carts
- Ensures training needs are met, and employees are counseled on job performance
- Develops information, maintains records, and prepares a variety of reports e.g. custodial workloads, service requirements and employee job performance
- Performs other duties and assignments as required
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of custodial experience.
- One year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be able to read/write and speak English
- Interpersonal skills, and dexterity are needed to maintain holistic management of the custodial department, because this is an area that requires constant problem
- solving skills as maintenance issues, supply issues, and personnel issues
- Communication and interpersonal skills are needed to manage personnel and to exceed the customer’s expectations
- Requires ability to analyze the operation of various infrastructure systems, determine the cause of problems/malfunctions, and take corrective actions as required
- Knowledge of U.S. Army Safety Guidelines and OSHA Standards
- Working Conditions:
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very
- adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Physical Requirements:
- Medium to Heavy Work Exerting up to 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.