Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Supervisor you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Las Palmas Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At Las Palmas Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Student Loan Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Supervisor, you will perform the care and diagnostic procedures used in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiopulmonary diseases on patients of all ages. In addition to performing care to patients, you will provide oversight of Registered Respiratory Therapists on shift. As a member of the patient focused care team you will be responsible for performing basic respiratory equipment maintenance, quality control measures and other administrative or technical tasks.
- You will maintain knowledge of patient responses to medication, side effects and proper dosages used in respiratory care of all age groups
- You will assist in patient education, and provide materials to family members
- You will communicate effectively with Physicians, patients, nurses and other member of the care team
- You will assess patients and provide recommendations on appropriate therapies
- You will monitor patients, interpret results and suggest alternative respiratory treatment as needed
- You will be responsible for establishing and assisting with maintenance of arterial lines
- As an ICU, PICU or NICU therapist, you will be proficient in adult, pediatric or neonatal ventilator management to include all modes of ventilation, respectively
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Supervisor opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
- Clinical experience in an acute care or rehabilitation setting
- 1 year critical care experience (i.e.: ER, ICU/CCU, PICU, NICU) preferred
- Associates degree in Respiratory Therapy from an accredited program
Licenses and Certifications
- Current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Current Texas Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood pressure, Lab work, and Emotional support (S.T.A.B.L.E.) Neonatal Education Program Certification required for NICU staff
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification preferred
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification preferred
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification preferred
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.