Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Director of Development? At HCA Healthcare, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
At HCA Healthcare, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Director of Development like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Director of Development supports the implementation of the strategic goals and objectives for Physician Services Group North Florida Division and manages the growth and expansion of business development for physician practice partnerships and acquisitions. The leader oversees practice acquisitions, practice analysis and valuation and strategic planning for network expansion and growth, divestitures, physician mergers, employment and recruiting contracting process; and coordinates, negotiates and manages the entire approval processes with all key personnel for final signature approvals.
- Manages employees through subordinates, usually other managers and support personnel. Establishes performance goals, allocates resources and assesses policies for direct subordinates.
- Develops department goals and objectives, establishes and implements policies and procedures for department operations.
- Assists in development and coordination of the operating budget and ensures that the department operates within the budget.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of department reports. Prepare periodic reports for top management as required.
- Develops and plans programs and strategies for corporate growth and structure.
- Coordinates and communicates the corporate regulatory/legal framework and ensures that all acquisitions and divestitures meet the standards provided.
- Identifies and evaluates trends in healthcare, local conditions, economic conditions and competitive institutions and develops strategies to respond to these trends.
- Reviews legislation affective the physician services partnership development competition and planning.
- Works with executive, medical and hospital staff to explain and get commitment to strategic goals.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Participates in Group/Divisional, hospital/medical staff meetings as required. Attends and serves on professional/civic service organizations as a representative of the company.
- Initiates specific plans and programs for new business development in each division’s marketing area; negotiates contract terms and business relationships for appropriate approval.
- Functions as an intermediary/representative in negotiating issues for Physician Services and/or the Hospital/Division.
- Monitors compliance to the guidelines and affiliation agreements as they relate to physician practice/hospital partnerships.
What Qualifications you will need:
- Master’s Degree in business or healthcare or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required
- Five years of progressively responsible healthcare management experience in senior level management, with emphasis on physician relations in the areas of practice operations, hospital operations, merger and acquisition and divestiture, in addition to experience with MSOs/PHOs/IPAs, physician practice management or managed care organizations.
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Director of Development opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.