- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As a Laboratory Assistant, you will perform various functions in the laboratory of a technical or clerical nature. You will be responsible for phlebotomy, specimen processing, specimen plating in microbiology, histology assistance, preparing specimens for referral to other laboratories, and reporting and document filing.
- You will perform venipuncture and capillary collection appropriate to specific age groups
- You will collect, process, and transport specimens
- You will identify proper tubes, containers, transport media, and storage temperature for each test type
- You will ensure positive identification of each patient and respective samples
- You will keep collection trays and outpatient collection area neat and well stocked
- You will perform specimen processing for various sub departments
- You will assist, as necessary, in microbiology, including plating cultures, setting up antigen detection assays, quality control, and maintenance checks
- You will assist, as necessary, in histology, including performing basic procedures, performing routine maintenance, and assisting in tracking specimens
- You will answer phones, relay messages, and transfer patient test results
- You will distribute reports to Health Information Management, physicians, and clients
- You will maintain records of standing orders for outpatients
- Previous phlebotomy experience – preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Formal phlebotomy training from an accredited program – preferred
- Phlebotomy Technician (PBT) certification – preferred
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) – preferred
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification – preferred
- Paramedic certification – preferred
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.