About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About the Role
As part of the Platform Services leadership team, we are seeking a "Systems operations Manager", who will be a member of the CSBBT organization within Wells Fargo and will play an instrumental role in building out and leading a new organization within Well Fargo Technology supporting the Credit Card & Retail Services applications and portfolios. You'll work with senior technology and LOB management to establish strategic direction and operating policies across the functional verticals of Engineering, Asset Management, Operations, and Environment Support. You'll bear accountability for capacity planning, efficiency, availability, business enablement, incident management, problem resolution, and time-to-market for area managed. Responsible for business continuity, maintaining sound, secure, compliant, and efficient applications and platforms. You'll establish priorities to ensure project plans, performance and availability standards, and service level agreements are met.
• Lead and manage a team of Production Support Engineers and be responsible for providing Level 1 and 2 application support activities for groups of related applications in different technology areas.
• Responsible for definiton and implementation of prod support processes such as incident management, problem management, change management, release management, service improvement etc...
• Own resolution of production incidents and Act as a coordinator and point of escalation for support staff during incident / problem recovery activities
• Review all daily activities and ensure completion of shift duties for each team and proper handover
• Consolidate and analyze management reports for presentation
• Identify areas of process improvement
• Ensure proper guidance, training and mentoring are given to new staff
• Act as the Incident Manager and own the process of daily production support and incidents management.
• To ensure full compliance to operational standards, procedures and best practices
Market Skills and Certifications
One or more of these domain experiences will be preferred
1) Retail Banking
2) Branch / ATM
3) Debit Cards
- Unix operating system.
- Shell Scripting or any other scripting languages like Perl, Ruby, ANT etc.,
- DevOps tools like AHP, Jenkins, GIT, uDeploy etc.,
- Debugging, trouble shooting skills
- Excellent Communication skills handling incident management calls, meetings, articulating technical issues to management and partners while solving problems
- Independent problem solver with Good Analytical Skills and adaptable to new, challenging technical and process requirements
- Knowledge and working experience of monitoring tools - Splunk, AppD, Introscope, etc, automation tools - HPOO, Puppet, Ancible etc.
- ITIL process certification
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry or AWS working experience
- IT System Administrator or OS Administration knowledge
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
We value the leadership, discipline, and skills you’ve gained through your service to our country and recognize the contributions our veteran team members bring to the table. We’re so committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities, National Guard members, and Reservists that we’ve made it our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.
As a Wells Fargo team member, you’ll find a work culture that is team-oriented, collaborative, structured, and challenging. We support veterans transitioning from military service with a variety of job options, confidential resources, educational information, and career guidance. You may choose to join our Veteran’s Team Member Network, a group of thousands who share an interest in veterans’ matters, and that promotes greater awareness and job development within the veteran community. To learn more about opportunities at our company, please visit wellsfargojobs.com/military. Let’s talk about turning your military experience into a great civilian career.