At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Job Summary: This is a second shift position which includes a 8% added pay differential.
Manufacturing Engineers develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying products and manufacturing methods. They analyze product specifications to determine appropriate designs and processes that support these customer requirements. You would apply your skills to develop, test, modify, and create solutions through a collaborative effort with various teams.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Developing Manufacturing Data Packages (MDPs) including assembly instructions, workflow/routing, labor standards, tool and fixture designs
- Supporting daily manufacturing areas with process troubleshooting, incorporation of engineering changes into the MDP
- Dispositioning non-conforming material with root cause and corrective action analysis as required
- Driving Continuous Improvement through process improvements to improve cycle time, reduce ergonomic risk to assemblers, automate, reduce costs (both direct and indirect) using Six Sigma principles and data driven decision making
- Providing real-time technical support to manufacturers and fabricators; in-house as well as the supply base.
- Leading corrective action investigations to prevent recurrence
- Some travel may be required for this position
This position can be a Manufacturing Engineer II or Senior Manufacturing Engineer I based upon the candidate___s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree.
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment (can be through internships, coop work)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Qualifications We Value:
- Excellent organizational skills with fine attention to detail
- Knowledge and ability to apply six sigma principles and techniques
- Technical drawing interpretation, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Proficiency with CAD solid modeling tools (preference for CREO/ProE)
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical aptitude with the ability to work across disciplines
- Innovative mindset that drives continuous improvement and keeps pace with advances in technology
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organization skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Master's degree preferred
- Active DoD security clearance (secret)
- Experience with wire bonding/ribbon bonding processing operations and tooling (manual, semi-automatic, or automatic)
- Experience with automated tooling, machinery and programming
- Experience with Refurbishment and Repair requirements and processing of Government Furnished Material (GFM) or Equipment (GFE)
Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PPT, Project, Word)
What We Offer:
Whether you___re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people, innovation and technology
Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services.
Raytheon | Andover, Massachusetts
Raytheon | Andover, Massachusetts
Raytheon | Tewksbury, Massachusetts