BlueWater is seeking skilled Desktop Support Specialist to work as part of a network services team in support of the Defense Health Agency.
- Configure and install desktop and laptop systems; install applications on systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair systems and applications installed on desktop and laptop systems.
- Assist with organizing, prioritizing, and giving directions to the help desk team in meeting the day to day support requirements.
- Maintain documentation for procedures and processes, as well as, maintenance logs and equipment databases.
- Address and correct any hardware, software, or network connection issues.
- Provide answers to clients by identifying problems; research answers; guide client through corrective steps.
- Support desktop and laptop users and solve problems with Microsoft, Adobe, Java, and other software in the production environment.
- Resolve problems through customer education, training, and direct assistance.
- Ensure backup, recovery, and data restoration from workstations for customers during upgrades or when a problem with the system is diagnosed.
- Respond to and correcting formatting for printing and all other peripheral issues as they arise.
- Provide phone and in-person support to users for various systems, including e-mail, LAN/WAN, user account administration, Active Directory, standard desktop images and applications, COTS and GOTS applications.
- Serve as an escalated point of contact for troubleshooting all IT-related problems, including hardware/software, password reset, and printer problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of enterprise desktop support experience in a commercial or government environment.
- Requires an active DOD Public Trust or higher clearance.
- Security+ certification required within 15 days of hiring.
BlueWater Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
BlueWater Federal Solutions is a dynamic and nimble systems integration firm providing professional services and IT solutions to the Federal Government throughout the nation. We are viewed by our Federal Customers (Air Force, DHS, Army, Navy, CENTCOM, DHA, EPA, GSA) as a trusted partner with a track record of successful past performance and superior customer value.
Without question, our company's strength lies in our people – Over 300 men and women who are deeply passionate about client partnership, reliable delivery, and successful results. We are looking for individuals who share this aspiration and invite you to join us in work that truly makes a difference for our clients.
BlueWater Federal Solutions | Falls Church, Virginia
BlueWater Federal Solutions | Alexandria, Virginia
General Dynamics | Washington, District Of Columbia
BlueWater Federal Solutions | Washington, District Of Columbia
Adecco Government Solutions | Laurel, Maryland
NTT DATA | Washington, District Of Columbia
Adecco Government Solutions | Washington, District Of Columbia
Vectrus | Falls Church, Virginia
Mantech International Corporation | Herndon, Virginia
NTT DATA | Clinton, Maryland