Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, oversees the day-to-day execution of the vehicle maintenance shop. Supervises anywhere from 25 to 30 personnel. Working supervisory position. Ensures established policies and procedures are effectively enforced. Controls shop maintenance schedule to ensure maximum utilization of assigned personnel. Reviews work in progress and upon completion for conformance to standards and to ensure section maintains the highest standards of workmanship and quality.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Working supervisory position.
- Ensures established policies and procedures are effectively enforced.
- Controls shop maintenance schedule to ensure maximum utilization of assigned personnel. Reviews work in progress and upon completion for conformance to standards and to ensure section maintains the highest standards of workmanship and quality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Must provide a copy of the diploma.
- Must be CAC eligible and/or able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and Kuwait Heavy Duty Driver’s License
- Minimum of six (6) years of combined experience in wheeled and tracked vehicle maintenance at the journeyman level, with at least five (5) years of supervisory experience.
- Must understand and be well-versed in the performance of organizational, direct, and general support maintenance of tactical wheeled and combat (track) vehicles.
- At least five (5) years of supervisory experience in related field
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Physical Requirements:
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.