- Under the supervision of the Public Works Inspector Supervisor, performs inspection of carpentry related items in new-construction, upgraded, and/or repaired fixed, semi-permanent, or relocatable structures. Ensures compliance with requisite contractual, US Government, DoD, U.S. Army, local and safety, regulations, codes, policies, guidelines and instructions. Provides support to the Facilities Operations and Maintenance Branches and Projects Teams.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Performs initial, in-progress, and final inspections to diagnose faults and validate repairs.
- Ensures repairs and alterations to remedy violations are accomplished according to required industry code(s).
- Uses “As-Built” plans, blueprints, and schematics in the performance of inspections.
- Examines “As-Built” plans, blueprints, and schematics to ensure compliance with required industry code(s).
- Performs site visits during each phase of construction (initial through final) to conduct inspections.
- Follows-up as needed to perform additional inspections during each phase of construction (initial through final).
- Inspects in-progress and completed work for safety and quality workmanship.
- Reviews materials to be used prior to the start of work to ensure correct items are installed.
- Signs off that all work has been satisfactorily accomplished following completion of maintenance or project activities.
- Uses the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to track and update work orders as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Master or Journeyman Carpenter certificate preferred
- Ability to obtain host nation driver license.
- Must be CAC eligible and/or ability to obtain a CAC
- Minimum of ten (10) years continuous carpenter experience performing vertical construction or maintenance services and repairs at the carpenter or inspector’s level.
- Must possess the technical skill to identify repair requirements as it pertains to carpentry.
- Must be an expert in corrective actions performed by maintenance teams.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot service and repair carpentry related tasks.
- Must have full knowledge of carpenter’s tools and test equipment.
- Must be proficient in all phases of paperwork as it pertains to servicing, maintenance, repairs, classification, etc.
- Must have expert knowledge of equipment operations as it is critical to providing a quality inspection program.
- Must be capable of giving and receiving instructions during the course of normal duties.
- Must be capable of working independently with little-or-no guidance.
- Must be willing to adapt to rapidly changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months). Includes some industrial production environment conditions as
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.