Under the direction of the Patient Administration Supervisor, the Medical Records Technician provides medical, optical and dental record maintenance and file support to the US Army Health Clinic (USAHC).
- Directs and oversees the initiation, preparation, and maintenance of military personnel medical records in accordance with the Medical Record Administration Army Regulation 40-66, The Privacy Act of 1974, HIPAA and maintain strict accountability of all medical records.
- Performs periodic chart review, flag omissions, and refer them to the provider for clarification of inconsistent data and resolution.
- Perform monthly medical record self-assessments by the 15th of the month for accuracy.
- Maintains medical record for ASG-KU personnel and personnel assigned to other organizations and activities as designated by the USG. This includes maintenance of records for dependents of personnel authorized to use the USAHC.
- Assist in preparation of daily, weekly and monthly Medical Disease and Non-Battle Injury (DNBI) to meet the established contractual deadlines.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and uses, covering the full range of general medical, surgical, pharmaceutical, and hospital terms and abbreviations, as well as medical abstracts; physiology, major anatomical systems, and related disease processes;
- Understands medical records forms and formats; correlation of laboratory tests, procedures, and treatments with diagnoses;
- Understanding of medical records classification systems and references; legal and regulatory requirements for medical records to be sure the record is acceptable as a legal document.
- Follow laws and regulations on the confidentiality of medical records (e.g., Privacy Act and Freedom of Information Act) and the procedures for obtaining informed consent for release of information from the record; computerized data entry and information processing systems; and data collection methods for basic health care and research information.
- Performs computerized data entry and information processing systems used by the facility; currently Theater Medical Data Storage (TMDS).
- Performs other duties as required and directed by Medical Leadership.
Education/Certifications: One year of related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification within 30 days after hire from the online source training: https://jkodirect.jten.mil/Atlas2/page/login/Login.jsf
- Complete online DHA-US051 "TRICARE Fundamentals Certification Course” within 30 days of on-boarding and annually, thereafter.
- Complete online DHA -US067 "DHA Communications - Customer Service Training (1 hr)" within 30 days of on-boarding
- High School graduate or equivalent and proficient in MS Office applications.
- Must have the ability to acquire and maintain a CAC Card (Required for this duty).
- Education/Certifications: One year of related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Must have past experience in health care facilities and operations. Must have a minimum three (3) years customer-service experience. Knowledge of medical and dental records management. Understand and compiles with maintaining medical and dental records and patient information confidentiality in accordance with privacy rule of the Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Applicant must exhibit strong organization and communication skills.
- Capable of effectively communicating technical information in English, both written and verbal and have a customer service background. Time Management, Attention to Detail, Quality Focus, Professionalism, Productivity, Thoroughness, Coordination, Deadline-Oriented, Internal Communications, Reporting Skills.
- Work is generally office environment. However, duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms, and high temperatures – up to 130 degrees in the summer months. Potential exposure to chemical or biological agents could exist. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas is required. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Candidate must comply with all Fire, Safety and post policies. Must be able to work overtime or nights as required; to include, holidays.
- Work may require heavy lifting (up to 65 pounds), stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.