Under supervision of Allied Trades Supervisor and\or Trade Shop Supervisor, the Locksmith Supervisor supervises, installs, repairs, modifies, and opens a variety of locking mechanisms found on doors, desks, compartments, mobile equipment, safes, and vaults. Examines locking mechanism and installs new unit or disassembles unit and replaces worn tumblers, springs, and other parts, or repairs them by filing, drilling, chiseling, and grinding; opens door locks by moving lock pick in cylinder; or opens safe locks by listening to lock sounds or drilling. Makes new or duplicate keys, using key cutting machine, changes combination by inserting new or repaired tumblers into lock, and establishes keying systems for buildings.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Provides Maintenance and Repairs on various types of safes, using hand tools, lathes, drill presses and welding with cutting apparatus.
- Install and repair locks (including mechanical and electronic cipher locks).
- Ensure all Lock Shop customers are approved by DOL prior to Acceptance of Work-Order requests.
- Inserts new or repaired tumblers into Locks so that Combinations can be changed.
- Provides Training to ASG-KU Customers on How to set their own Combinations.
- Disassembles mechanical or electrical locking devices, repairs or replaces worn tumblers, springs and other parts using hand tools.
- One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Must provide a copy of the diploma.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain valid Secret Clearance
- Must have a background in locksmith Safe operations.
- Must be able to obtain a certification for locksmith (certification shall be obtained either through a recognized trade school or from the Associated Locksmiths of America (ALOA); ALOA within 90 days of hire date
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a host nation Driver’s License, is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a locksmith.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of lock picking devices, code cutting devices, hand/power tools and key machines.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities when it comes to making on the spot decisions for security and safety concerns related to the work ordered equipment.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follows safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment.
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.